Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Partition

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Ok I think I might go with the 30gb for windows,programs,and games , and 50 for all downloads and backups. Any opinions?
    As it happens...yes.

This is how my HDD is partitioned...

The C:drive-Windows, is ten GB, plenty large enough to hold XP and a ton of programs.
    D: Ghost is 5 GB and holds a clone image of a fresh install of XP along with
    the basic programs that I run.
    After you do afresh install and load your programs I would highly recommend that you Ghost clone a copy into a small separate partition as I have. Should any thing horrible happen to your C drive you can simply move the clone back to C and bang! you're back in business. Less than 10 minutes.
    Whatever space you have left you can divide any way that seems suitable for you.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    @Clocker. I really like the idea of a ghost image, but would it not be better to have it at the 'end' of the disc. Also, i'm guessing you've got an enormous capacity drive. Otherwise the space required on each partition, for defragmentation, would be very wasteful.

In my opinion, although i admire your need for organisation, dividing your drive up that much is tremendous overkill.

ps. loving the max headroom av.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@7 November 2003 - 18:31
    Also, i'm guessing you've got an enormous capacity drive. Otherwise the space required on each partition, for defragmentation, would be very wasteful.

Currently installed drive is 160GB.

I have another 160GB sitting on the bench, but I'll probably use it elsewhere.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Ok buys thanks for you help . I think I know what I am going to do.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    BANNED
    Originally posted by clocker+7 November 2003 - 22:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 7 November 2003 - 22:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LTJBukem@7 November 2003 - 18:31
    Also, i&#39;m guessing you&#39;ve got an enormous capacity drive. Otherwise the space required on each partition, for defragmentation, would be very wasteful.

Currently installed drive is 160GB.

I have another 160GB sitting on the bench, but I&#39;ll probably use it elsewhere. [/b][/quote]
    ya i got a 200 and a 60 and i have another 200 sitting around

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12