Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: WTF is wrong with these people?

MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post
    I have a problem with the word "private". If it is a private physician, the law should not apply to him. He should be able to run his business [medical office] as he wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post
    "private". the law should not apply. run his business as he wants to.
    Just make sure your don gets a taste.

Edit: In this utopia, is a private physician still bound by oath, or might that be disregarded too?
    Last edited by MagicNakor; 01-26-2011 at 07:37 AM.
    things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

2. The Drawing Room   -   #62
    Well, by private I mean this... my family has catastrophic health insurance coverage for every member of the family with a very high deductible. We have yet to use it, but it is there just in case.

Instead we use a private doctor in nearby Pinetop-Show Low, Arizona, who does not accept any health insurance at all. We pay the entire amount for every doctor's visit and everything including prescriptions, etc. Insurance doesn't pay any of it. What's cool about him is he makes house calls to us in Eagar whenever we ask him. We pay dearly for this, but it is worth it to not have to put up with going into a waiting room with a bunch of other sick people.

And because he does not accept any health insurance-- including government forms of insurance-- he doesn't have to comply with some of the health insurance regulations that apply to other doctors. And because payment is due immediately, he doesn't have to have any part of his office devoted to billing insurance companies. He saves a lot of money right there. I won't say he's cheaper than other doctors, because he's not. But he is one of the best doctors in this area, and we are willing to pay for his premium services.

If we ever got a serious illness, then we would have to be referred to a different doctor and start using the catastrophic health insurance from Blue Cross/Blue Shield. I hope we never have to use it.
    Last edited by 999969999; 01-26-2011 at 05:31 PM.
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

3. The Drawing Room   -   #63
    惡魔的提倡者
    I note, as is often the case, you are not answering the question about the gun control proposal and doctors. You made a distinction between private and public doctors but no reason why.

It does relate to something you wrote in one of your earlier posts regarding the shooter owning a gun legally.
    When I was a kid I was told "We do these things not because they're easy, but because they're hard"

Now all I hear is " I won't do anything unless there's something in it for me"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567