Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's A Good Pc Joystick For Under 50 Bucks?

Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    I've had two Gravis Eliminator's hooked up to my PC for several years now, and I think they work pretty well. Of course I haven't tried anything else, so I can't say how it compares with other gamepads.

For first-person shooters, I use the analog stick with my left hand to move, L1 to jump and L2 to crouch, while I use my 5 button optical mouse to aim, fire, reload, fire secondary, run, zoom, and switch weapons.

2. Games   -   #12
    ok, so say that I go down to gameco, or to bestbuy/circuit city, or wherever, and get myself a gamepad for the ps. Ps1...or ps2? where can I buy the adapters? (american)
    please, do send me the drivers, my email is on my profile, I'll reply, and you can attach the files to the response. Thanks! (Just remember to mention it in the subject line...lots of spam on Earthlink.)
    Also, using the adapter...is it plug and pray (win98se) or would I have to shut down, plug it in, and then reboot?

Cygnus-Y- that is one EVIL looking controller!

Toddiscool- Now that I think about it, I DO agree that aiming in a FPS would be easier by mouse, especially with my Fellows Internet Touchpad, where all I gotta do is slide my finger along it, then tap the screen. It worked pretty well using it that way for AvP. Rapid fire wasn't great...buuuuut....

The Dave - a "twitch"? could you please give me some more info on this "twitch"? how long did it take to develope, how does it act when it does it, what kind of gaming do you use it for? Did you try reinstalling drivers?

Hrm...side thought. PS gamepad wouldnt need a USB port, so no rescources going into the USB. Hmmmmmmmm....

Ok, another question. Why have FPS become so damned complicated over the years? They seem like a cross between doom, mario, link, and who knows what else. Seems like you gotta have a guide just to be able to play them...not to mention all of the jump over this, push that into this place, grab this, to put it there, any games around right now that are just SHOOTER games?

3. Games   -   #13
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by darkewolf@12 November 2003 - 01:36
    any games around right now that are just SHOOTER games?
    Serious Sam is just a 'shoot anything that moves' kind of game. Hard to find it, though.

4. Games   -   #14
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I have this controller I paid about 25 dollars for it it's kinda good but I haven't use it fully.

5. Games   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by Nightwolf+12 November 2003 - 08:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nightwolf @ 12 November 2003 - 08:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-darkewolf@12 November 2003 - 01:36
    any games around right now that are just SHOOTER games?
    Serious Sam is just a &#39;shoot anything that moves&#39; kind of game. Hard to find it, though. [/b][/quote]
    however it&#39;s not expensive to buy
    I found it on klite a while ago
    and yupp there&#39;s a lot of shootin

agree that a cordless (preferrably optical) mouse with 4 or more buttons will do the trick with a fsp fire, reload, aiming, use btn, secondary fire, toggle guns goes a lot faster
    then the free hand can easily be used to movement controls

6. Games   -   #16
    Originally posted by Gre1@12 November 2003 - 15:12
    I have this controller I paid about 25 dollars for it it&#39;s kinda good but I haven&#39;t use it fully.

I think I&#39;ve seen that one...doesn&#39;t it have air vents in it, to like, blow air on your hands, while you play, to keep ya from getting sweaty palms?

Serious Sam. Cool, I&#39;ll keep that one in mind, thanks&#33;

How about sniper games?

7. Games   -   #17
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Yes, it&#39;s a Airflo u can turn it low or high and it will keep them from getting sweaty.

8. Games   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by Gre1@13 November 2003 - 01:23
    Yes, it&#39;s a Airflo u can turn it low or high and it will keep them from getting sweaty.
    hahahahha, you have to be kidding, AIRFLOW

9. Games   -   #19
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    What&#39;s so funny.

10. Games   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by Gre1@13 November 2003 - 01:32
    What&#39;s so funny.
    Airflow controller so that your hands dont get Sweaty, thats the funniest shit i have heard...

Sounds cool, i should get one...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast