Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 175764656667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I just finished it about an hour ago, and even being a Tarantino fan, thought this one was too similar to Reservoir Dogs- even with snow and cowboy costumes. There's been anticipation for its release for like 3 years, and isn't much more than a shiny play.

It was entertaining, but isn't the 'great' film I was so eager to see. A couple of the actors pulled off some great performances, while a few others hammed it up too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #662
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Jennifer Jason Leigh is getting a lot of love for her performance but personally I think it's more the character and her being willing to commit to the part which basically every actor should be willing to do.

Liked Walton Goggins though as his character had more of an arc and he managed to bring a bit of likability to a man who was ostensibly a racist which was important to that role.

Also thought the highly praised cinematography was nothing special but then again I wasn't seeing it in 70 mm.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #663
    Stihl, she did a good jawb innit. I also liked Sammy J's character (I'm allowed to call him that because he won't ever read this)- not really a stretch, but a solid leed.

I think the cinnamon toggery is mostly aimed at bedazzling peoples who don't get to see snow very often. 70mm snow is still just bright snow. May bee I needed to see 3D snow to be fooly impressed.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #664
    The "be a linguistic asshole and irritate the fuck out of me" department seems to be some sort of transmittable virus.Either that or you've had a stroke.

5. Movies & TV   -   #665
    The "be a linguistic asshole and irritate the fuck out of me" department seems to be some sort of transmittable virus.Either that or you've had a stroke.
    You definitely cum across as the gel ass type.

6. Movies & TV   -   #666
    Dye.

7. Movies & TV   -   #667
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    "....and STILL no blanket!"

('nuff said.)

------

Idol sez...

"Liked Walton Goggins..."

(Ever since "The Shield", "SOA","Lincoln" and "Justified"...told you so.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 12-23-2015 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost & 'nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

8. Movies & TV   -   #668
    Spectre (2015) Might very well be the worst Bond film ever.

You know something is terribly wrong when you've seen Bond barrel roll a car over a river and go toe to toe with a komodo dragon and yet still not approach how contrived,unconvincing and something I thought I'd never say, unexciting the stunts in this film are.

It's also far too long and tediously talky and maybe worst of all there's a real sense of disconnect between the audience and what is happening onscreen.
    It certainly doesn't help that by trying to marry the old to the new they've managed to do a real disservice to both.

In short, a Bond movie only suitable for non-Bond fans which is just as misguided as it sounds.

PS In full disclosure I fast forwarded through some of it which until now I never had the inclination to do with any other Bond film, even the shite ones.

PPS Sam Smith as a choice of theme songwriter basically sums it up.
    Maybe I'll watch Creed or maybe at this point I'll just do the judicious thing and give up on films altogether.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 12-26-2015 at 06:41 PM. Reason: I try to stay consistent.

9. Movies & TV   -   #669
    slimp
    Watched "Warccraft" just yesterday and it was pretty boring, dialogs are lame even action isn't so good as I expected it to be. LOTR still a lot better even especially knowing it was filmed 10+ years ago.
    Last edited by anon; 06-11-2016 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Removed link

10. Movies & TV   -   #670
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Spectre (2015) Might very well be the worst Bond film ever.
    You know something is terribly wrong when you've seen Bond barrel roll a car over a river and go toe to toe with a komodo dragon and yet still not approach how contrived,unconvincing and something I thought I'd never say, unexciting the stunts in this film are.
    It's also far too long and tediously talky and maybe worst of all there's a real sense of disconnect between the audience and what is happening onscreen.
    It certainly doesn't help that by trying to marry the old to the new they've managed to do a real disservice to both.
    In short, a Bond movie only suitable for non-Bond fans which is just as misguided as it sounds.
    PS In full disclosure I fast forwarded through some of it which until now I never had the inclination to do with any other Bond film, even the shite ones.
    PPS Sam Smith as a choice of theme songwriter basically sums it up.
    Maybe I'll watch Creed or maybe at this point I'll just do the judicious thing and give up on films altogether.
    Believe it or not i just read this post Idol

And words can not have a response....

Well OK
    Octopussy

PS. To me it was entertaining, best bond NO!!.... What would be your best bond Fiic???

For me Live and Let Die would be up there, as well as Goldfinger
    Last edited by shaina; 06-12-2016 at 12:58 AM.

Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 175764656667686970 ... LastLast