Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Astraweb Down 'Across the Board'

All the front end ports of Astraweb, both US and EU, and non-responsive at the moment.

A while back, I noted that Sunday PM seemed to be a 'maintenance period' for particularly Astra/US, and I made sure that I didn't try to do anything 'important' during that time, and as such I've avoided that time period.

Today/Tonight, however, I noted that even attempting to gather some headers from either system, on any group, led to a freeze. Every other server I use/monitor works find, just Astra.

I haven't seen any messages about 'gaps' in retention of such lately, it may is just 'routine maintenance'; but at any rate, it's totally unresponsive.

Note: after watching this for 2-3 hours, I notice that Astra/EU crawled back up, but US is still unresponsive.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    I've been on astra us SSL all day maxing out my line.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    So was I until about 3 hours ago. They are still 'there' ping wise, but no response on any port for 3+ hours now.

AstraEU up and down. All this may be a DNS problem, but if it was, then I wouldn't be able to ping or tracert them, and I can.

Are you getting a port response from them right now?

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I assume you mean both SSL and non SSL? I haven't tried any myself, I've got nothing I'm looking to download at the moment.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Try going to one of the '.test' newsgroups and sent a... well, test message. Or update headers on any group.

It will just 'sit' there. If I 'beat' on it, eventually I'll get a 'server no response' message.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Same here. Must be upgrades/maintenance.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    I'm on the US SSL right now with 18 connections downloading at 1.6mb/s.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    They never did totally come clean on the Sunday PM slow/down that's been going on forever, like I said, I generally simply avoided doing anything around midnight (ET), which was around 9PM Pacific. Usually, by 10PM, everything would be back up totally.

This time, I was kinda stunned that the EU plant was down at the same time. There is no 'heads up' message on their web site, this seems (once again!?!) to come out of the blue.

I guess we'll see when/if they get back up.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    EU servers are the only ones working for me.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by pestul View Post
    EU servers are the only ones working for me.
    Yup, same here. Only EU (non-SSL) servers working for me.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast