Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: History repeating

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post

I would say nothing about the the dream and casually ask if the neighbour's cat has been in the house.
    I went for dog on that basis of Chalice bein' Irish 'n' all and figuring on a fairly largish bladder......
    Fair point...dogs do drink Guinness of an occasion too.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. Lounge   -   #52
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    For thought:

Vinegary: bacteria produced propionic acid CH3-CH2-C(OH)=O as opposed to acetic acid CH3-C(OH)=O (vinegar)

Cheesy: bacteria produced 3-methylbutanoic acid (CH3)2CH-CH2-C(OH)=O
    As I said more corpsey
    Despairingly, I know specifics of the smell of death.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3

As I said more corpsey
    But did you cause it?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

4. Lounge   -   #54

But did you cause it?
    Wait that was a total fucking misprint. I don't know the specifics about the smell of death. Like I'd try to play hardass. Death is too many different smells, is it not, depend on what's dying.

5. Lounge   -   #55

But did you cause it?
    Wait that was a total fucking misprint. I don't know the specifics about the smell of death. Like I'd try to play hardass. Death is too many different smells, is it not, depend on what's dying.
    Actually that is kind of on the mark, strange and slightly creepy as it is, different dead things do smell different, but the smell of decomposition is unmistakable. I notice that you like to examine different subjects in depth so I am trying to give an honest if limited answer. Generally you can tell if it is a large or small animal though just from the strength but it is nothing like checking the vintage on that nice Pinot Gris....

6. Lounge   -   #56
    Tell us Artie, tell of the aromas of your journey; as you traversed in and out of rivers, streams of death in life, whose banks were rotting into mud, whose waters thickened with slime, invaded the contorted mangroves, that seemed to writhe at you in the extremity of an impotent despair.

Was there anywhere that you stopped long enough to get a particularised impression of the necrotic redolence? Or perhaps did general scents of vague and oppressive odors grow upon you?

7. Lounge   -   #57
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Tell us Artie, tell of the aromas of your journey; as you traversed in and out of rivers, streams of death in life, whose banks were rotting into mud, whose waters thickened with slime, invaded the contorted mangroves, that seemed to writhe at you in the extremity of an impotent despair.

Was there anywhere that you stopped long enough to get a particularised impression of the necrotic redolence? Or perhaps did general scents of vague and oppressive odors grow upon you?
    Sounds like India.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Lounge   -   #58
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

Sounds like India.
    Souther

9. Lounge   -   #59

Now in preparation for yet another one of your treatise of overkill when I was actually trying to respond civilly I interjected a word that 'hopefully' was not going to set free your flight of fancy. The word was limited. I see I was wrong though. That didn't slow you down at all, this is what happens at the end of loooooong ass periods awake, and skim reading posts, our comprehension skills plummet. No I am not a C.S.I, no I do not go traipsing rivers, swamps (lots of them here) and various other delights looking for the recently deceased, but I do however deal in livestock. Sometimes our own livestock and our neighbors livestock transition to another state of being unattended, and not all of them get discovered while completely fresh. Another inconvenient fact, although death is 24-7 the local carrier that picks up dead animals is working hours only so if an animal pops off at 6p.m. on friday it gets to hang around an hum the whole weekend till pick up, unless you you happen to have a backhoe lying around to dig a rather large hole, or spend the better part of a day digging it yourself.
    Last edited by Artemis; 04-29-2012 at 09:06 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #60
    Now in preparation for yet another one of your treatise of overkill when I was actually trying to respond civilly I interjected a word that 'hopefully' was not going to set free your flight of fancy. The word was limited. I see I was wrong though. That didn't slow you down at all, this is what happens at the end of loooooong ass periods awake, and skim reading posts, our comprehension skills plummet. No I am not a C.S.I, no I do not go traipsing rivers, swamps (lots of them here) and various other delights looking for the recently deceased, but I do however deal in livestock. Sometimes our own livestock and our neighbors livestock transition to another state of being unattended, and not all of them get discovered while completely fresh. Another inconvenient fact, although death is 24-7 the local carrier that picks up dead animals is working hours only so if an animal pops off at 6p.m. on friday it gets to hang around an hum the whole weekend till pick up, unless you you happen to have a backhoe lying around to dig a rather large hole, or spend the better part of a day digging it yourself.
    I was just doing a Conrad impersonation.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast