Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Bought Manhunt.

Lick My Lovepump
    Jeez, what you talking about???

RE and Silent Hill were not scary.

System Shock 2, now that shits me up.

2. Games   -   #12
    Poster
    the Ambience of the world your in is very creepy. the guys swear continuoisly. and it isn't not cheesy swearing i mean REAL swearing. from "fuck" to "rapist" and in ever terminology. and the AI is far from stupid. its gotta be one of the best AI i have played. their are no boss fights but their are a couple times u absolutly have to fight 1 or 2 people cause u'll get locked in somewhere. their are parts that will make you jump. and the death scenes are pretty gruesome.

3. Games   -   #13
    lol everyone these days are so new.... so many new members a day... i remember when this forum was still small...

4. Games   -   #14
    Originally posted by Soul814@21 November 2003 - 03:54
    lol everyone these days are so new.... so many new members a day... i remember when this forum was still small...
    small?

Member No.: 7,639

5. Games   -   #15
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    wait is this game like resident evil?

6. Games   -   #16
    Poster
    its unique i cant really compare it to any other besides its stealth attributes are similiar to Metal Gear Solid

7. Games   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@20 November 2003 - 20:45
    Jeez, what you talking about???

RE and Silent Hill were not scary.

System Shock 2, now that shits me up.
    Silent Hill 2 is the scariest and most atmosphereic game I've ever played...
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

8. Games   -   #18
    Lick My Lovepump
    Crap like that isn't scary, because its too unrealistic.

9. Games   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@21 November 2003 - 05:34
    Crap like that isn't scary, because its too unrealistic.
    Manhunt is set in a realistic time and place. its not a real city but it looks realistic. and the things hunting you are humans not monsters and stuff.

10. Games   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by Pitbul+21 November 2003 - 13:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pitbul @ 21 November 2003 - 13:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mad Cat@21 November 2003 - 05:34
    Crap like that isn&#39;t scary, because its too unrealistic.
    Manhunt is set in a realistic time and place. its not a real city but it looks realistic. and the things hunting you are humans not monsters and stuff. [/b][/quote]
    I think the two statements I quited are completely true. It is much more horrifying when you know that it isn&#39;t some manifest of a game dev&#39;s mind chasing you, but a human. When is anyone going to come face to face with a mutated zombie thing called Nemesis, for example? It removes some of the horror. I don&#39;t mean to be cynical, but it is true to some extent. I can also argue the fact that it is not always the actual content which is scary, it is the way it is implemented. For example, tense music and obscure camera angles can make something much more exaggerated and scary than it really is. I&#39;ll stop now, it&#39;s starting to resemble a Media assignment for English.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12