Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Compaq's New Gaming Pc X09 $2999.97

haha, they did sell their company, to an equally sucky company, HP. God, with those two in business together, who knows what kinda shitty computers will be coming out from them.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Yes, that is an absurd deal, but don't kid yourself about HP/Compaq.
    They aren't stupid, just slow.

Recently, while cruising CompUSA with my parents (getting a new HDD for my Dad's Compaq), I couldn't even get them to go over and look at the Alienware PC. Not interested, and neither of them will probably buy another machine (they are in their mid-seventies).
    Computer companies can't depend on older users to stay alive.

On the other hand, my 16 year old nephew only knows about Alienware, Voodoo and Falcon. As far as he's concerned, HP makes printers/scanners.

My favorite pc parts emporium, MicroCenter, just rearranged their layout and now have a huge section devoted to nothing but highend, aftermarket HSFs, lights, fans, even watercooling rigs (drool). A salesman said that it is the hottest section of the store, dollar-wise, and they want to exploit that.

The point here is computer manufacturers have to cater to the younger, game-driven market. No one in their right mind needs a 500GB HDD, or a $500 video card, just to e-mail and cruise the web. People really don't need to upgrade their PC every 6 months unless they are forced to by gaming/ entertainment advances.

As a first effort that Compaq may be lightyears behind the current Voodoo PCs, but don't think that won't change.
    Three years from now, you may be lusting after the lastest Compaq gaming machine and Alienware could be a distant memory...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Originally posted by NNels112@23 November 2003 - 23:33
    haha, they did sell their company, to an equally sucky company, HP. God, with those two in business together, who knows what kinda shitty computers will be coming out from them.
    You said it man...but when you think about it what makes there computers so much worse?? im not on their side lol
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    You said it man...but when you think about it what makes there computers so much worse?? im not on their side lol
    well, yeah, i mean, they arent bad compaired to some of the comps you can buy out there. however, they charge so much more than other companies for the same computer, and they charge double than what you can build one for

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    whaaaa!!!

i came up with AU$3412 if i was going to build a pc with the EXACT specs but way better motherboard and a leadtek version of that card.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    dammmmn how u come up w/ over 3k. mine only cos 1.5 and it include a monitor. but my mobo was a bit under the one in the compaq but it was 1.5k less then the price of the compaq

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by clocker@24 November 2003 - 00:20

Recently, while cruising CompUSA with my parents (getting a new HDD for my Dad's Compaq), I couldn't even get them to go over and look at the Alienware PC. Not interested, and neither of them will probably buy another machine (they are in their mid-seventies).

On the other hand, my 16 year old nephew only knows about Alienware, Voodoo and Falcon. As far as he's concerned, HP makes printers/scanners.

My favorite pc parts emporium, MicroCenter, just rearranged their layout and now have a huge section devoted to nothing but highend, aftermarket HSFs, lights, fans, even watercooling rigs (drool). A salesman said that it is the hottest section of the store, dollar-wise, and they want to exploit that.

The point here is computer manufacturers have to cater to the younger, game-driven market. No one in their right mind needs a 500GB HDD, or a $500 video card, just to e-mail and cruise the web. People really don't need to upgrade their PC every 6 months unless they are forced to by gaming/ entertainment advances.

As a first effort that Compaq may be lightyears behind the current Voodoo PCs, but don't think that won't change.
    Three years from now, you may be lusting after the lastest Compaq gaming machine and Alienware could be a distant memory...
    good point

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by clocker@23 November 2003 - 19:20

well, compare the reliablity of an hp to that of a Dell. u got quite a difference. although i personally had a pretty good experience with hp's, i was told compaq are horrible. still, i'd go with alienware or voodoo if i can afford it, and build if i can't.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by kurtsl0an@23 November 2003 - 04:31
    i just spec'd out an exact replica of that system from cyberpower- 1900 bucks, cooler case, 3 year warranty, and a ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 256MB.

oh yeah, free shipping and no taxes -
    cyberpower has nice cases, but they have bad customer service. i would've gone with a cyberpower pc, but i decided to go with ibuypower after their crappy ratings

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    GCNaddict's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@23 November 2003 - 08:19
    i can prob build that for bout 1500-2000
    i can do it for about the same, plus or minus 50 bucks

EDIT! is that thing a p4e!?!

if it is, it jacks its price up by a hefty 700

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast