Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye, Mary!

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I like you looking simple. It suits you.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    On second thought, no need to post the titles because I just remembered that I don't trust any of you.

Also, I decided it's time to get a book. I'm going to cram for Japanese on the flight, and I expect to be fluent by the time I'm there.

https://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Zero...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

It's not a joke. I'm actually about to buy that book.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 06-13-2016 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Do you want to hear my soliloquy about an apostrophe?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I looked up songs about Japan. Seems most of them really suck. Does not bode well, Mary.

Kinda sad nobody called me on posting *one Night in Bangkok*. It made me chuckle. There's like 4 countries between japan and Thailand- one of them is China. 'Merkin geography...

P.S. Fuck you all for not getting my joke.
    If I had seen it, I'd have probably thought you were ripping off of Idol given his favorite Japanese person has Zhen as a surname.

4. Lounge   -   #54
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

If I had seen it, I'd have probably thought you were ripping off of Idol given his favorite Japanese person has Zhen as a surname.
    Is that true? I thought it was Toshiro Mifune but then I really can't tell them apart.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Lounge   -   #55
    Another one of Mary's encodes.The poor quality doesn't detract from how wonderful this Japanese woman's voice is.

When you visit the Genbaku Domu, Mary think of me.

6. Lounge   -   #56

Is that true? I thought it was Toshiro Mifune but then I really can't tell them apart.
    Figured they wouldn't be female in either case. Bam!

7. Lounge   -   #57
    I may have asked this forever ago, but what is the reason you decided on Japan over anywhere else in the whirled?
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Lounge   -   #58
    Why Japan? Language, cuisine, city designs (i.e. architectural), countrysides, etc. One doesn't watch as much anime as I have unless the cultural aspect is interesting. I didn't just watch robots blowing shit up, but a healthy mixture of slice-of-life dramadies and live action (old to modern) held my interest. I was also interested in China, but I've been there twice and have mostly had my fill (I don't really like the sound of Mandarin and Cantonese), though Shanghai and Hong Kong are two specific places still on my list. I plan to visit them from Japan.

Other places? Japan isn't alone here. After Japan, I'll try living in Prague for a little while. From my experience in Serbia, you really only get to know a place once you've spent time living there doing the more mundane things, such as grocery shopping, doing something legal related, planning spaced out social events, etc. So, I want to experience life in Japan for about 1-2 years, then I'll go somewhere else for about 1-2 years, and so on until I run out of places that call to me.

9. Lounge   -   #59
    So this is part of a continued journey rather than a final destination. Nice!

10. Lounge   -   #60
    One doesn't watch as much anime as I have unless the cultural aspect is interesting..
    One doesn't watch as much anime as you have without some sort of mental illness either but I don't see that making you want to check into an asylum anytime soon.

Bam.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast