Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dwk Needs Help :(

I just read all the replies. Dont follow it! They doesnt seem to be quite right! It might just case an infinite reboot.
    Let me try finding other solutions other than just reinstalling windows.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    BANNED
    yea..... but reinstalling is getting closer and closer....really fast

searched MS again for it....didnt find squat

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by DWk@12 December 2003 - 21:45
    yea..... but reinstalling is getting closer and closer....really fast

searched MS again for it....didnt find squat
    ok Try the last option on this page
    http://sft-cyber.com/Bootini.htm

The problem could occur if your bootini isnt right. Follow above and that doesnt work check ur Bootini. Instructions are on that same page.

Microsoft has info about this error for winnt http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;124550
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    You can&#39;t just paste in ntoskernl.exe

It has to be installed and added to the registry.

Yer screwed&#33; Partition that OS up as far as you can, create a new active partition, delete the boot.ini and nt loader files from the old partition, and reinstall. Then copy anything you can, documents, pictures, etc, back from the corrupt OS.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    BANNED
    k ima try.....although that first link looks a little hard....well not hard but confusing....

it tells to edit boot.ini.... but doesnt say WHAT to edit.....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    BANNED
    oh thx

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    BANNED
    fine whatever..... right now im repairing with winxp cd.... but i think after that im gonna format it all......dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    So, yeah.....

Anyway, next time you swap your OS hard drive into another PC, use partiton magic to set it NOT active first. Then it won&#39;t conflict with the OS in the machine you swap it too. When you return it to your own machine, partition magic again and set it active.
    What you did was wipe out the boot files and ini and messed up the attributes with those from the other machine so it could boot. Your OS has become a slave to that one.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    BANNED
    weird it was set up to slave..... sniff oh well i think the repair is almost done...ima go check brb i post again

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    BANNED
    lol not working.....mmmmk format time then....after that i copy all important info and i make some chop suey with the friggin pc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast