Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grrr....

SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    actually there are several ways to make a hard drive unfunctioning via a catastrophic failure due to bad worksmanship, one staic electricy on internsl componets, dissmatle the hard drive and brake the stuff inside... yeah i think new hard drives are always great to have around!

this is being said about a pIIII system with a terabite array of harddrive... (4x 250 serial ata 10,000 rpm makes me temp. deaf)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    I gotta say.. I was preparing to replace the ram and cpu cause everything was just so bogged down and these are what SiSoft was complaining about.

After reinstalling with the new drive, same basic specs other than size, this thing just flys again!!

Now I wonder about the accuracy of SiSoft as a diagnostic tool.
    Maybe it's better used for basic information only.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    actually there are several ways to make a hard drive unfunctioning via a catastrophic failure due to bad worksmanship, one staic electricy on internsl componets, dissmatle the hard drive and brake the stuff inside
    You say that you can dismantle the drive and break something inside ???
    I don't think so... If you open the drive you would break the seal and void the warranty.

Also you wouldn't need to break any of the internal parts. As soon as you open the cover, dust would get in and the drive would be dead. It only takes a tiny amount of dust, just normal air would do it. Don't do it, the warranty will be void.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    All I do is remove and replace the power connector several times with the drive running It "drives" it crazy

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by SciManAl@14 December 2003 - 09:08
    this is being said about a pIIII system with a terabite array of harddrive... (4x 250 serial ata 10,000 rpm makes me temp. deaf)
    I am curious as to who manufactures your 250gb 10000rpm HDDs

if I am up to date with my facts, the highest capacity on any sata HDD running 10000 rpm is the raptor 72gb model

so, unless a link is provided to these "hard drives," i will assume that you are exxagerating the truth a little bit too much

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    i think we should all just sniff some glue, and relax :

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12