Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For Mrlessk

Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+14 December 2003 - 06:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob &#064; 14 December 2003 - 06:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@14 December 2003 - 04:58
    Again, whatever you need to believe to assume you are superior to the average American, grab tightly and hold dear.
    superiority is not based on intelligence, imo[/b][/quote]
    So I guess it is based in power or influence, then. Well since you are looking up at Oprah&#39;s ass, enjoy your view from the bottom then.

Usually when I club baby seals it doesn&#39;t get this lop sided.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Originally posted by hobbes@14 December 2003 - 05:02
    So I guess it is based in power or influence, then. Well since you are looking up at Oprah&#39;s ass, enjoy your view from the bottom then.

Usually when I club baby seals it doesn&#39;t get this lop sided.
    ok, i&#39;ll admit &#39;defeat&#39;

but let me leave with this little question...why is there an enormous amount more hate directed towards america than there is scotland?

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Why ask the retarded boy his opinion, nobody cares.

Now, I really don&#39;t mean that cruelly, but in the international stage, what influence does Scotland have? It is seen as a bunch of drunks wearing kilts and rioting at soccer matches.

Since my ancestors are Scottish, I know that is crap, but I am giving you the general opinion.

Nobody hates the retarded boy, sympathy is more likely.

I think the greater the international influence a country has, the greater the scrutiny and critcism. I will openly admit we have major faults politcally, no questions asked. I just want to be considered as a person, not lumped into some stereotype.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Originally posted by hobbes@14 December 2003 - 05:15
    Now, I really don&#39;t mean that cruelly, but in the international stage, what influence does Scotland have? It is seen as a bunch of drunks wearing kilts and rioting at soccer matches.

Since my ancestors are Scottish, I know that is crap, but I am giving you the general opinion.

I think the greater the international influence a country has, the greater the scrutiny and critcism. I will openly admit we have major faults politcally, no questions asked. I just want to be considered as a person, not lumped into some stereotype.
    double standards from an american?

not a surprise

(there&#39;s another &#39;sound byte&#39; for you)

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+14 December 2003 - 07:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob &#064; 14 December 2003 - 07:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@14 December 2003 - 05:15

double standards from an american?

not a surprise

(there&#39;s another &#39;sound byte&#39; for you) [/b][/quote]
    You can determine the joke from the message, no? The "general opinion" is that of world opinion, not specifically American opinion.

The message is that Scotland is internationally irrelevant and thus falls below the hatred radar.

America is target numero uno&#33;

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Originally posted by hobbes@14 December 2003 - 05:21
    You can determine the joke from the message, no? The "general opinion" is that of world opinion, not specifically American opinion.

The message is that Scotland is internationally irrelevant and thus falls below the hatred radar.

America is target numero uno&#33;
    what about japan then?
    japan is an important country on the world stage, rich and successful, yet it has very little hate towards it

why is this so?

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Isolationist policy, also impotent in a miltary sense. America&#39;s navy has been protecting that country for over 30 years.

Japanese people also are enamored of American people and our culture.

Japan poses no threat to any one.

Fear inspires hate.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Originally posted by hobbes@14 December 2003 - 05:30
    now that made me laugh

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+14 December 2003 - 07:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob &#064; 14 December 2003 - 07:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@14 December 2003 - 05:30
    now that made me laugh [/b][/quote]
    Why, they have no military force. We have American military bases in Japan right now.

They have no functional military capacity, period.

Japan has no nuclear weapons capability

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Ex-member
    I dunno, stick a few people in Hiroshima and the effects of nuclear weapons will soon kill &#39;em off.

Oh and btw - the image of Scotsmen rioting at football matches doesn&#39;t exist. Scots are widely recognised as some of the best football fans in the world; in fact, Celtic fans were recently voted the best in the world by both UEFA and FIFA.

It is the English who notoriously riot at football matches. The Turkish are worse, but don&#39;t seem to have achieved the same notoriety.

Oh, and btw, scoring and counting points is below you both

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast