Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is This 'fair'?

MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    It seems to be a common misconception that "an eye for an eye" is referring to physical punishment.

What it means is making the punishment fit the crime.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    In Norway, there is also a pakistanian
    who killed his daughter because she was too promiscuose
    and this would damge his image.

He is in jail now and still abides by this belief-honor
    (i dont think it is the USA "honor")

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    i believe this was one of the first cases where the man is actually being punished severly. the throwing of acid into the faces of women and indeed girls by spurned men has become all too common but in the past the perpetrator was punished lightly, if at all. Do i think the punishment fits the crime ? well the test of time will tell. If it stops these horrendous attacks then perhaps one terrible retribution is worth it. the death sentence in this country hasn't stopped murder, however this is such a brutal punishment method it will be interesting to see if it works
    i have actually seen first hand the faces of some of these poor women, often outcasted even by society because they are assumed to have "deserved it".
    before we start to feel sorry for the man that is to be punished let us remember that these are not acts that happened in the heat of the moment, they are planned...just look how many men were involved in this case.
    the attacks are often supposed to be revenge for shame bought upon the man by the calling off of a wedding by the bride to be's family...if he can't have her nobody else will...but in nearly every case the bride to be didn't make the choice.

acid attacks

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    wait i only said and eye for an eye becuz they know he did it right?
    if there where no witness then prove he did it
    then if they proved he did it
    then burn his eyes :helpsmile: i believe some punishment to some laws dont work
    so i say -this is just me ,but if you rape someone hell why not go threw the tourment of what you did to other .
    if you murder someone then guess you got to pay the bill and die too
    that's what i mean by eye for an eye

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    A nice cell on tropical Guantanamo Bay is looking mighty nice about nowmay be they could claim membership in Al-Quida.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by RAM%ROD@27 December 2003 - 19:28
    A nice cell on tropical Guantanamo Bay is looking mighty nice about nowmay be they could claim membership in Al-Quida.
    whats this nature of a crime ( which i find very hard to believe) got to do with going to Guantanomo Bay. your views are very inflamatory. if you are gonna give replies make sure they are neutral not something else.

you are a rite idiot

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by RAM%ROD@27 December 2003 - 15:28
    wtf are you talkin bout did you read what was in this thread ?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by bujub22+27 December 2003 - 21:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bujub22 @ 27 December 2003 - 21:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RAM%ROD@27 December 2003 - 15:28
    wtf are you talkin bout did you read what was in this thread ? [/b][/quote]
    exactly RAM%ROD he is really pissing ppl off on this forum and im one. the person just chats shit away

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by chinook_apache+27 December 2003 - 20:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chinook_apache @ 27 December 2003 - 20:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by bujub22@27 December 2003 - 21:32
    <!--QuoteBegin-RAM%ROD
    @27 December 2003 - 15:28

exactly RAM%ROD he is really pissing ppl off on this forum and im one. the person just chats shit away [/b][/quote]
    And the reactions to such posts are encouraging - it shows that racist bigots will not be tolerated here

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey+27 December 2003 - 23:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 27 December 2003 - 23:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by chinook_apache@27 December 2003 - 20:54
    Originally posted by bujub22@27 December 2003 - 21:32
    <!--QuoteBegin-RAM%ROD
    @27 December 2003 - 15:28

exactly RAM%ROD he is really pissing ppl off on this forum and im one. the person just chats shit away
    And the reactions to such posts are encouraging - it shows that racist bigots will not be tolerated here [/b][/quote]
    I hate bigots.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast