Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What Do I Need

Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@20 December 2003 - 01:09
    Another thing that pisses me off..is that my PSU has a "chrome" finish kinda...but they put all of the uglyl ass stickers on the side that faces the clear size pannel...why couldnt they put it the other way around!

do u see that dwk? its not on the back its on the side....and the one w/ the clear window.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #52
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Yeah well i duno i would think it would be easy to find one so you dont always have to see the sticker...but maybe ill just have to deal with it

Cutting it wouldnt be too hard but VB acts like its bad to switch the spots of the fans..
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #53
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Ok another question. I still need to order all of the other hardware for my new computer. Will prices on mobos ram and cpu go down after christmas or will it not really change much?
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

4. Software & Hardware   -   #54
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    my expierience shows that it won't but i don't know what new stuff will be rolling out this christmas... if any so prices should be somewhat stable this christmas... (i am watching those damn 64 bit proccesors, they haven'd made thier push yet... still pricy and a minority)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #55
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@20 December 2003 - 14:31
    Ok another question. I still need to order all of the other hardware for my new computer. Will prices on mobos ram and cpu go down after christmas or will it not really change much?
    Why are you so set on getting an ASUS Mobo? You know there are other companies out there, more notably EPoX.

But serious, go to www.amdforums.com And curise the Motherboard forums a bit, then the overclocking forum, get a feel for what people are using, and what there experiences are, ask around a bit and see whats right for you. ASUS, yes, im not knocking them, but u can find a board that does exactly what a model of their board does, for less.

Also, the new bartons are locked, for the multiplier atleast, so your going to need GOOD RAM. 3200 atleast to get it at 3200+ speeds. If you want to go higher, your going to need ram that will be able to clock above that 400 threshold (or 200Mhz as the FSB) 3200ram is that 400, (or 200Mhz, like I said.) Thus, 3500 is i think 216. Also, if you get bargain ram, dont expect to go over its rating much. For instance, my 3200 Ram, does 200Mhz out of the package. So 200 X 11 (the 2500+'s locked multiplier) gives you 2200Mhz, the pretty much 3200+ speed.

DISCLAIMER: Bigdawg, if you get something similar to my setup, in ergo 3200 Ram, and run the CPU at 2200Mhz, YOU WILL BE FINE ON STOCK COOLING. I have two fans in my case, + 1 PS fan, and my stock cooling fan. My temps are usually right at 50C (idles are high 40's/loads are at low 50's.) THESE ARE PERFECTLY FINE TEMPS. But, if you wanna go higher, I would SUGGEST getting a good HS/F and better Ram.

COOLER- For a cooler, I am personally getting a Thermaltake 11+ xaser edition, off of newegg.com If you want to know how some perform, or which ones are good ones, simply go to www.newegg.com go to their heatsink fans section, go to summary view, and sort bt REVIEWS. You will see which are the most popular, and which are the best bang for the buck.

MEMORY- Now, Im not saying that a stick off 200Mhz ram will not go over the 200Mhz barrier. But the better ram you get, the more it can go over. I have seen 3200 Ram that will go up to 250Mhz 250Mhz x 11 2750Mhz (although, people who have got their ram to run this high, have lowered their multiplier, 2700Mhz, is really only feeasible with redicilious cooling setups, IE, dry ice, other stuff that they just do to see how far they can push it. Anyway, with good memory, you can easily get your CPU into the 2400Mhz + range. What I would suggest is google for overclocking arties on the 2500+ XP, and see what memory they use, and what they pushed their's too. Trust me, the overclocking ram is more expensive FOR A REASON! You can get 3200 Ram, for 80 bucks like I did, but the 100+ dollar ram, is a hell of a lot better.

Any other questions?

PS: Oh btw, Im getting a Epox 8rda3+ in acouple of days, I will tell you how its goes.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #56
    Oh Also, big dawg, about playing Battlefield 1942 with your card. I have the 2x/4x 128MB MX 440 version, and I cant run BF 1942 at over 80% bots, or else it turns into a slide show. Its a really graphic intensive game. I would suggest Halo, my card runs great on it, with full details and shading. OR, call of duty, that was kinda fun when I played it a few days ago, after getting it off bittorrent, and I would like it more than BF 1942.

But then again, im also getting a Radeon 9500 Pro, finally.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #57
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@21 December 2003 - 05:34

Where are going to pick one up and for how much?

newegg has one for $178

and that's a Sappire Atlantis, probably an excellent overclocker...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #58
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@21 December 2003 - 05:30

Why are you so set on getting an ASUS Mobo? You know there are other companies out there, more notably EPoX.

PS: Oh btw, Im getting a Epox 8rda3+ in acouple of days, I will tell you how its goes.
    Well, apparently we have several members of this board who have had excellent experiences with the ASUS model name; not to mention they are well respected throughout the world for their craftsmanship...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #59
    Originally posted by adamp2p+20 December 2003 - 23:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p @ 20 December 2003 - 23:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-_John_Lennon_@21 December 2003 - 05:34

Where are going to pick one up and for how much?

newegg has one for &#036;178

and that&#39;s a Sappire Atlantis, probably an excellent overclocker... [/b][/quote]
    Im picking mine up through the for sale trade forum at amdmb.com For about 100 bucks.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #60
    Originally posted by adamp2p+20 December 2003 - 23:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p &#064; 20 December 2003 - 23:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-_John_Lennon_@21 December 2003 - 05:30

Why are you so set on getting an ASUS Mobo? You know there are other companies out there, more notably EPoX.&nbsp;

Well, apparently we have several members of this board who have had excellent experiences with the ASUS model name; not to mention they are well respected throughout the world for their craftsmanship... [/b][/quote]
    Im well aware of ASUS&#39;s craftsmanship, and their high quality motherboards. My point is, is that there are comprabable boards from other companies.

Epox 8rda3+ 93&#036;

ASUS A7N8X Deluxe 118&#036;

Cant say im the biggest fan of passive cooling on the north bridge either.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast