Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How To Hide Your Source

Yup, but also depends how many bots you have working on that and how it is distributed like you said. It isnt that complex as you mentioned. It sure is tricky but not next to impossible as it seems.

The cracking rate of 1 trillion passwords per second in the last column is definitely science fiction, but it can be accomplished in 10-15 years by using hundreds of supercomputers for distributed password cracking
    That reminds me in a research project going on here, in one part of the program one of the programmers used BubbleSort (which has Complexity Order of N^2) and the sorting algorithm had been running for 1 hr. There were about 17 million files to be sorted and he didnt think about BIG O (also it is easiest to write bubblesort in short time), i guess in real life we never worry about order that much. After coming back looked at the code and calculated that in this rate it would take 30 yrs for it to be sorted

We quickly changed it to quicksort and it was sorted in 30 sec
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #32
    h1
    LOL. I made my (probably flawed) assumption based on the fact that the second algorithm uses several thousand FP calculations, and that a valid result is always returned, meaning that the machine would have to possess some intelligence.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #33
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234