Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need For Speed Underground

muchspl2
    obvious you don't
    you can get up to 10k (max) if the file is seeded heavily on a 56k, I see your point, but your oblivious to mine he should have pick the torrent with the most seeds.

argument ends, please just drop it

2. Games   -   #12
    Originally posted by muchspl2@21 December 2003 - 05:46
    obvious you don't
    you can get up to 10k (max) if the file is seeded heavily on a 56k, I see your point, but your oblivious to mine he should have pick the torrent with the most seeds.

how do u get 10k on a 56k?

3. Games   -   #13
    Its virtually impossible for a 56k modem to go past 5.6kbps, hell real world limitations and problems with phone lines make 5.3kpbs pretty much the max [while 4.6kpbs is the average speed for most]. The hardware literally cannot transfer more than that.

If it is reading more than 5.6kbps it is simply incorrect.

4. Games   -   #14
    muchspl2
    everyone around here gets 6-10k on dial up
    this area has been completely upgrade twice now due to hurricanes, and I guess it has to do with it, not sure but 10 is common even with juno(free) & aohell I have seen it peg @ 10 so no its not umpossible

5. Games   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2@21 December 2003 - 04:49
    why on earth would you start your download of such a big file with out looking at the seed/peer ratio
    I got the deviance, and the other copy most likely will work, but its your on fault for not paying attention to what your doing, not to mention its a smaller file
    more seeds = faster
    smaller file > larger file
    sorry for not being Mr Perfect, i wouldve chosen the deviance one at the time i started dl it. but i mistook the other one to be the 'main' DL.

i alwayz go for the file with the largest seeds/dls. but i mustve been a little tired when i started downloading the rawkins one.

ill say just drop it guyz. no need for it.

get in2 the christmas spirit...... and 'buy' **cough cough download it cough sneeze** sum games for ya brothers/friends etc.

6. Games   -   #16
    Originally posted by tHe LiNk@21 December 2003 - 06:12
    Its virtually impossible for a 56k modem to go past 5.6kbps, hell real world limitations and problems with phone lines make 5.3kpbs pretty much the max [while 4.6kpbs is the average speed for most]. The hardware literally cannot transfer more than that.

If it is reading more than 5.6kbps it is simply incorrect.
    yes thats what i though....56k/8 = 7KB/s and thats if you get 56k connection...

7. Games   -   #17
    Poster
    speaking of 56k connections and stuff...

**exclude phone lines and other stuff**

is there a really good modem boosting/56k modem inhancer accelerator thingie etc.???

i had a modem booster once but it didnt do shit.

8. Games   -   #18
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Downloading it with dial-up and it's half way done? You'd be crazy to cancel it!

9. Games   -   #19
    Sorry, i was referring to connection speed. Got mixed up for a moment there.

10. Games   -   #20
    Originally posted by muchspl2@21 December 2003 - 06:28
    everyone around here gets 6-10k on dial up
    this area has been completely upgrade twice now due to hurricanes, and I guess it has to do with it, not sure but 10 is common even with juno(free) & aohell I have seen it peg @ 10 so no its not umpossible
    is the speed jumping up and down like when u first download somehting....cuz thats not the actual speed. and btw, is the 56k modem capable of getting more then 7KB/s?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast