Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I Need A Way To Block People Who Don't Share!

Originally posted by niteman74@30 December 2003 - 02:40
    Just my opinion though, which probably ain't crap to any of you, but isn't this network about "EVERYONE" sharing. I share everything I have. Even stuff that I download other places goes into my shared folder. I allow 5 slots to connect to me. Sometimes I just sit right clicking on those users want a rare file and see if they are sharing. If not then I will cancel them until somone else takes their slot. I feel that if I share, Everyone should. Peers = those equal to you in a group or class. I share so I expect all should share that are on the network. IMHO I think this will be the downfall of the peer to peer. Everyone keeping files to themselves.
    Your running k-lite and dont know about the privacy patch? In options/Kazaa lite K++ Options/K++ Options. If you have it checked "users can't get a list of all your shared files" which you should for security reasons, you will be sharing but of course no one can tell when they scan your files. So then people are doing to you what your doing to them cutting them off for not sharing when they really are. My point is theres no way to tell if someone is sharing. .
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    I know about that....but, why even leave that checked. If you do, sorry for you. I will cut you off. I made sure that was unchecked that the day I installed K-Lite. Hey, to each his own. If your scared of the RIAA (which you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than getting caught by them) then so be it. Hey limit yourself to downloads you could be enjoying. That is your choice.
    You have things to share but don't allow users that you are downloading from to see what YOU have. That is sad. Maybe you have something rare that I might want.
    Search doesn't always get everything...as you well know.
    I am not going to argue with you about what features K-lite has and doesn't. If everyone openly shares then everyone benefits. Hence the term peer to peer. KaZaa honestly has the idea minus the spyware and fee. If you share, you get more.
    One other thing...... even if someone gets busted by the RIAA, so what? Even if people have to pay 3 or 4 grand settlement, which they usually accept, I promise you have gotten away with more benefit than that.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Originally posted by niteman74@30 December 2003 - 05:19
    I know about that....but, why even leave that checked. If you do, sorry for you. I will cut you off. I made sure that was unchecked that the day I installed K-Lite. Hey, to each his own. If your scared of the RIAA (which you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than getting caught by them) then so be it. Hey limit yourself to downloads you could be enjoying. That is your choice.
    You have things to share but don't allow users that you are downloading from to see what YOU have. That is sad. Maybe you have something rare that I might want.
    Search doesn't always get everything...as you well know.
    I am not going to argue with you about what features K-lite has and doesn't. If everyone openly shares then everyone benefits. Hence the term peer to peer. KaZaa honestly has the idea minus the spyware and fee. If you share, you get more.
    One other thing...... even if someone gets busted by the RIAA, so what? Even if people have to pay 3 or 4 grand settlement, which they usually accept, I promise you have gotten away with more benefit than that.
    You seem to be assuming a lot. Truthfully I could care less if you cut me off or anyone else dloading. Theres not a file that I want that I've not been able to get off of k-lite or the other 4 programs I use. I can't see stopping someones download is having any positive impact at all if anyone has half a brain and knows the programs and sources they'll get what they want just not off you and the ones that think the way you do. One other thing though I do keep my messaging open and if anyone ask to view my files I'll open it long enough where they can, its not like I'm living in fear but feel certain precations should be maintained. :music1:
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Well I am glad.

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    You did not mention what files you were looking for!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234