Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wildtangent.. Really Messing Up My System.

try using spy sweeper. just google it.
    i think it finds wiltangent things and deletes them.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    As I recall, it does interfere with other drivers and programs. Kinda takes over things at random. It's truly evil. It also calls home, you might want to check on that.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by balamm@29 December 2003 - 19:34
    As I recall, it does interfere with other drivers and programs. Kinda takes over things at random. It&#39;s truly evil. It also calls home, you might want to check on that.
    im guessing ur joking about the calling your home part.. but its actually getting really annoying..

AVG Resident Shield keeps popping up these warnings that say something like

Virus
    Trojan horse Dropper.Swicer.A

is found in file
    &#092;Device&#092;HarddiskDmVolumes&#092;PhysicalDmVolumes&#092;BlockVolume1&#092;Tmp&#092;Rem1B0.exe

To remove this virus, please run AVG for Windows
    When I try to scan using AVG, I always run into the wildtangent problem, but even after it has skipped those files, it can&#39;t find anything like it just reported. I am a bit confused by this. If the Resident Shield found it, why cant the scan find it? I have had quite a few of these warnings pop up recently. I have run 3 dif AV&#39;s and none have found anything.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    No, it calls home. It&#39;s home. It makes regular calls back to report on your PC activities. That is the purpose of the thing overall. The rest is just candy.

If your AV reports a virus or trojan, it should be giving you the file and folder name. Go into safe mode and delete the sucker. Then do your scan again.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    muchspl2
    you seem to have problems, plural

k, you need to run avg in safe mode, turn off system restore and boot in safe mode
    run avg and spybot S&S and/or adaware

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    try spysweeper&#33;
    i scanned with spysweeper and it found wildtangent stuff and allowed me to delete it. (i didnt delete it as i have no need to)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by ninjamonkey@29 December 2003 - 19:49
    try spysweeper&#33;
    i scanned with spysweeper and it found wildtangent stuff and allowed me to delete it. (i didnt delete it as i have no need to)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by balamm@29 December 2003 - 19:46
    No, it calls home. It&#39;s home. It makes regular calls back to report on your PC activities. That is the purpose of the thing overall. The rest is just candy.

If your AV reports a virus or trojan, it should be giving you the file and folder name. Go into safe mode and delete the sucker. Then do your scan again.
    yea it only says

&#092;Device&#092;HarddiskDmVolumes&#092;PhysicalDmVolumes&#092;BlockVolume1&#092;Tmp&#092;Rem1B0.exe
    not a location that i can go to.

Ill try starting up in safe mode and running spy sweeper and avg, but i wont be able to go in and manually delete the trojan/virus cus I dont know where it is.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    what you can do is search that name Rem1B0.exe exactly and when it comes up, nuke the bugger.

(ninjamonkey @ 29 December 2003 - 19:49)
    Guy likes wild tangent
    hey buddy, did you know you can run Bonzai Buddy and comet curser and KMD and Gator and Ezula and toptext and all your other favourite programs in VMware ? Yeah, it&#39;s true&#33; they made it specially for that. You won&#39;t have all that Windows OS crap messing with those fine apps then. No way, keep them sweet programs virgin pure

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    ha. i havent deleted it becuase i have had no problems and i think it is necessary to have when playing some games.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast