Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New 100% Legal Filesharing Client

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    does it work ANYTHING like k-lite? if so, whats similar and what isnt?

tralalala

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Poster
    Originally posted by tralalala@21 January 2004 - 16:07
    does it work ANYTHING like k-lite? if so, whats similar and what isnt?

tralalala
    it's similar to kazaa in the way that you search for files, however, from the screenshots, you can see the chat interface too, which is similar to Soulseek...

it's hard to explain without giving specifics, which 7thElement obviously doesn't want to do at this time, so it looks like you'll have to wait (can't say release date)...or become a beta-tester
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    can't say release date
    So, do they have one in mind, or are there still things they are working on so they don't know?
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Poster
    Originally posted by dwightfry@21 January 2004 - 16:37
    can't say release date
    So, do they have one in mind, or are there still things they are working on so they don't know?

read into it what you will...
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by 4th gen+21 January 2004 - 11:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 21 January 2004 - 11:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dwightfry@21 January 2004 - 16:37
    can&#39;t say release date
    So, do they have one in mind, or are there still things they are working on so they don&#39;t know?

read into it what you will... [/b][/quote]
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

6. Lounge   -   #36
    internet.news
    Originally posted by Illuminati@20 January 2004 - 18:49

The SwapGate development has moved to another domain - the reason is that the Private & hidden SG Beta Testing forums were disrupting a lot of the board. SG has its own phpBB board which all current & upcoming beta testers have/will have access to. I&#39;ll leave posting its location to 7th as I&#39;m sure if he wants it made public at this time

As for the program - Beta 5 has just been released, so it should show that a lot of work has been done But it&#39;s still not ready for public release yet

There&#39;s no point in any testers giving out the beta, as each beta version carries an authentication system that is unique to each machine and can only got from 7th However, it HAS been a long time since last heard of here - I&#39;ll prepare some current screenshots within the next few hours Just don&#39;t expect a P2P ambrosia just yet
    I have a few questions:

1) It would interest me who first have had the idea for SG?
    2) ... and who are the programmers? Only 7th? I don&#39;t think R_Nut is one of them?
    3) When it will be released will the Source Code be as well published as Open Source? It would help to push developement if everyone contributes a little s seen
    on other OS Projects.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    internet.news
    Originally posted by 7thElement@21 January 2004 - 14:44
    Nope it is not related with kazaa at all. The fasttrack network is not the best one if it comes to sharing.

I cannot answer more questions as we are busy with the development (own protocol too)

The screenshots are the only thing that we can post for now. No additional details are available until released.
    On the Screenshots I saw over 50000 Users? All beta testers?

I don&#39;t think so - you are relying to an OpenNap Server, I think.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Poster
    Originally posted by internet.news+21 January 2004 - 17:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.news &#064; 21 January 2004 - 17:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>On the Screenshots I saw over 50000 Users? All beta testers?

I don&#39;t think so - you are relying to an OpenNap Server, I think.[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-7thElement

The current client supports opennap (meaning there is a userbase to start with).

Look at the screenshots how many (only connected to 7 / 1000&#39;s of servers) and you will see that there are enough users

However... the final product will use our own protocol (not based on opennap) and the opennap protocol as additional resource.
    [/quote]

And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    internet.news
    Originally posted by 4th gen+21 January 2004 - 19:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 21 January 2004 - 19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by internet.news@21 January 2004 - 17:12
    On the Screenshots I saw over 50000 Users? All beta testers?

I don&#39;t think so - you are relying to an OpenNap Server, I think.
    <!--QuoteBegin-7thElement

The current client supports opennap (meaning there is a userbase to start with).

Look at the screenshots how many (only connected to 7 / 1000&#39;s of servers) and you will see that there are enough users

However... the final product will use our own protocol (not based on opennap) and the opennap protocol as additional resource.
    [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t that SG Beta already has 50.000 Users only using SG Beta.

I think 7th is joking a little bit and connecting to Opennap, ey, but what is wrong with that?

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Poster
    Originally posted by internet.news@21 January 2004 - 18:14
    I don&#39;t that SG Beta already has 50.000 Users only using SG Beta.

I think 7th is joking a little bit and connecting to Opennap, ey, but what is wrong with that?
    yeah, he&#39;s admitting that the client is conencting to other networks, read the quote again

there are only about 20 or so beta testers currently
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast