Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bomb Joke

Originally posted by Alex H@23 January 2004 - 05:44
    I still have a problem when the guy on the ground telling me I have to strip off may be earning more than the guy who takes me 3km off the surface of the earth.

American Pilots Salaries
    What does that even have to do with the thread?

Those people on the ground are paid almost nothing compared to the pilot. Even so, how the hell does that even remotely bear on the subject?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Originally posted by Alex H@22 January 2004 - 23:44
    I still have a problem when the guy on the ground telling me I have to strip off may be earning more than the guy who takes me 3km off the surface of the earth.

American Pilots Salaries
    The dude that works security make $8.00 hr, that chart refers to the mechanics who's job more important than the pilot. There's such a thing as auto pilot, but there's no such thing as automatic mechanic to fix a plane on the ground or in the air.

Although this really has no relevancy to the topic .

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I have had a look to see if I could find any similar UK court cases but so far have been unsuccessful. That is not to say there are none. Perhaps someone more adept at google searches can have a go.

I did chat to a security guard though and his view is that it has gone over the top and will be counter-productive. They want public support not animosity. He did say his preferred method of dealing with jokers involved rubber gloves which he felt added to the humorous element of the incident greatly.

I think this whole story should have brought to us by the word....

Proportionality.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Like Hobbes said "This is not new since 9/11. These signs have ALWAYS been there. These comments have always been taken seriously."

Go to the Bureau of Engraving & Printing in Washington, DC and talk about stealing some of the Money as a Joke and see what happens.

We went there back in the late 80s and they told us a story about a guy that tryed that.He was tackled by 3 Guards.

So this has nothing to do with 9/11.You do not Joke about things like that.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Poster
    but 9/11 has influnced us Americans to make sure to be extra carefull and i agree with hobbes and FC fully.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Its magic baby!
    Its true america has always taken national security very seriously. I remember hearing stories of people who filled in the american entrance forms on planes in a comical manner, they where dealt with really strictly and detaned for a few days while questioned.
    Wiz.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    this week in the UK

Another example of stupid behaviour at airports, this time in Newcastle, England

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by vidcc@25 January 2004 - 16:49
    this week in the UK

Another example of stupid behaviour at airports, this time in Newcastle, England
    Like Number 8 buses you wait for ages and they all come at once.

I heard about this yesterday on the news. It is slightly different to the US incident in that there was no joking involved. Apparently she had a total hissy fit and was extremely aggressive and threatening prior to offering to blow them all up. I don't think anyone believed for a moment she had a bomb but she was becoming a danger to anyone who was in bag swinging range.

I witnessed a similarly irate passenger a couple of months ago who had been bumped off his flight. He was not pleased and let everybody in the entire airport know it at length in extremely colourful language (he did stop short of threatening to blow us up though).
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Originally posted by <TROUBLE^MAKER>+23 January 2004 - 05:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (<TROUBLE^MAKER> @ 23 January 2004 - 05:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alex H@22 January 2004 - 23:44

American Pilots Salaries
    The dude that works security make &#036;8.00 hr, that chart refers to the mechanics who&#39;s job more important than the pilot. There&#39;s such a thing as auto pilot, but there&#39;s no such thing as automatic mechanic to fix a plane on the ground or in the air.

Although this really has no relevancy to the topic . [/b][/quote]
    I was just asking, do you really want to put your lives in the hands of security guards who apparently make &#036;8.00/hour. The G.I. Joe gun incident is a nice example of the inteligence levels of these people.

Personally, I want the guy who stops people bringing weapons onto my flight to be well paid and happy. Just like I want the plane driver to be able to afford better food than McDonalds.

Same for ground crew.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234