Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Sick Of R&b

Originally posted by Tetsujn@30 January 2004 - 06:00
    I'm mostly into Hard rock and Techno and i dispise a good precentage of todays rap. why u ask? well it's a commercially motivated over-rated peice of shit. dont get me wrong. i dont hate all rap. i like Outkast, Eminem, N.E.R.D, Meastro, and all that old school stuff (such as Run DMC). u know rappers with talent and originality. not those fags who feed off others and call themselves "gangstas". the stuff that's making the charts is pure horse shit (stuff like Chingy, 50 Cent, and bunch of other retards who all sound the same and act the same for that matter). and dont feed me shit about hating on these ppl because im some rock loving white boy. most of the bands i like have rappers as their lead singers. Rage Against the Machine (Zach De La Rocha is funk,rap, and rock inspired vocalist), P.O.D (thats right the lead singer is a rapper aswell), Linken Park (u ever heard the 2nd lead singer? all his stuff in their songs is rap). not only that but most of the music I like isn't even rock. its mostly underground type, unpopular shit. no its not underground because its not good. its underground because its real music. there isnt much music which is mainstream and good. that is very rare. all these pop and rap stars which are so "popular" don't write their own songs, don't play their own instruments and sing about the dumbest shit you'll ever hear. music that's not important or has any substance. you think these ppl are gonna be rememberd in ten years? maybe. but for all the wrong reasons. and certainly won't be praised for contributing to the music industry.
    I sort of agree with what you've said, but i think it could have been better worded.
    I'll say again that you should generalise that all things in the charts are crapjust because you don't like them; just because you have freedom of speech that does not in fact give anyone the right to abuse someones views and likes.
    I think it's wrong to say that all pop stars and rappers don't/can't play instruments or don't write their own lyrics; as any bafoon can see that this is clearly not true. A fact is that at least 90% of rappers write their own material.

I'd like to see criticisim by the rock lovers of some rock artists that are talentless and don't even play their own insruments as their are quite a few of them who are popular. This is needed to make an arguament even and not purely one sided.

I think the major thing in this whole arguament and so many others is that it's always people who like rock and similar genre's abusing others, i do not think that this is an accurate depiction of rock lovers or music lovers for that matter.

And as for certain individuals who like to turn this into a race issue; i'd like to say that a black male and british citizen people like you make me physically sick. To even imagine that all black people live in slums, are purely materialistic and use phrases like bling and ice is rediculous. I think people should be very careful before drawing the race card because it is a very serious accusation and unfortunately i don't think that people know how much of an insult and how extreemely distressing it is to be called racist when you are not.

2. Music   -   #22
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by kenken+30 January 2004 - 11:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kenken @ 30 January 2004 - 11:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tetsujn@30 January 2004 - 06:00
    I&#39;m mostly into Hard rock and Techno and i dispise a good precentage of todays rap. why u ask? well it&#39;s a commercially motivated over-rated peice of shit. dont get me wrong. i dont hate all rap. i like Outkast, Eminem, N.E.R.D, Meastro, and all that old school stuff (such as Run DMC). u know rappers with talent and originality. not those fags who feed off others and call themselves "gangstas". the stuff that&#39;s making the charts is pure horse shit (stuff like Chingy, 50 Cent, and bunch of other retards who all sound the same and act the same for that matter). and dont feed me shit about hating on these ppl because im some rock loving white boy. most of the bands i like have rappers as their lead singers. Rage Against the Machine (Zach De La Rocha is funk,rap, and rock inspired vocalist), P.O.D (thats right the lead singer is a rapper aswell), Linken Park (u ever heard the 2nd lead singer? all his stuff in their songs is rap). not only that but most of the music I like isn&#39;t even rock. its mostly underground type, unpopular shit. no its not underground because its not good. its underground because its real music. there isnt much music which is mainstream and good. that is very rare. all these pop and rap stars which are so "popular" don&#39;t write their own songs, don&#39;t play their own instruments and sing about the dumbest shit you&#39;ll ever hear. music that&#39;s not important or has any substance. you think these ppl are gonna be rememberd in ten years? maybe. but for all the wrong reasons. and certainly won&#39;t be praised for contributing to the music industry.
    I sort of agree with what you&#39;ve said, but i think it could have been better worded.
    I&#39;ll say again that you should generalise that all things in the charts are crapjust because you don&#39;t like them; just because you have freedom of speech that does not in fact give anyone the right to abuse someones views and likes.
    I think it&#39;s wrong to say that all pop stars and rappers don&#39;t/can&#39;t play instruments or don&#39;t write their own lyrics; as any bafoon can see that this is clearly not true. A fact is that at least 90% of rappers write their own material.

I&#39;d like to see criticisim by the rock lovers of some rock artists that are talentless and don&#39;t even play their own insruments as their are quite a few of them who are popular. This is needed to make an arguament even and not purely one sided.

I think the major thing in this whole arguament and so many others is that it&#39;s always people who like rock and similar genre&#39;s abusing others, i do not think that this is an accurate depiction of rock lovers or music lovers for that matter.

And as for certain individuals who like to turn this into a race issue; i&#39;d like to say that a black male and british citizen people like you make me physically sick. To even imagine that all black people live in slums, are purely materialistic and use phrases like bling and ice is rediculous. I think people should be very careful before drawing the race card because it is a very serious accusation and unfortunately i don&#39;t think that people know how much of an insult and how extreemely distressing it is to be called racist when you are not. [/b][/quote]
    Dude I hear what you&#39;re saying but...........

Tetsujin didn&#39;t say anything wrong. He can&#39;t be racist because Outkast is clearly black. Ya gotta be "fair and balanced" to criticize someone.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Music   -   #23
    I didn&#39;t say he was racist, i was criticising the comments made earlier by 3RA1N1AC who was accusing everyone partisipating in this post of being racist.
    If you read my post again you&#39;ll see that i clearly said it was wrong to accuse someone of being racist unless you&#39;re positively sure.

4. Music   -   #24
    Originally posted by kenken@30 January 2004 - 06:25
    I didn&#39;t say he was racist, i was criticising the comments made earlier by 3RA1N1AC who was accusing everyone partisipating in this post of being racist.
    If you read my post again you&#39;ll see that i clearly said it was wrong to accuse someone of being racist unless you&#39;re positively sure.
    you should read more carefully. i didn&#39;t use the word "racist," because that would just be clumsy and obvious. the same as it would be clumsy and obvious for the loudest critics of rap and r&b to come right out and say they hate it because it&#39;s too black-- so instead they act like it&#39;s a talent thing, as if any idiot can be a rapper but you&#39;ve gotta be mozart to strum a guitar.

my claim is not that simply "not liking" or "disliking" rap or r&b makes someone a racist. it&#39;s the active bashing of it for pretty much no flippin&#39; reason that points to unexpressed motives-- often hinted at in such posts with criticisms of rappers & fans who act... well... black. why does a rock fan take time out to hate "bad boy" rappers so much, when there are plenty of "bad boy" rockers out there acting no less foolish? it&#39;s not about skin color. it&#39;s about minority culture, and about the unreasonable levels of resentment that people have toward it.

5. Music   -   #25
    Ok, i&#39;m not sure where you&#39;re from but where i live there isn&#39;t actually anything thats classified as "acting black". There are stereotypes shown all over the place with black people constantly talking about money, ice and platinum but personally i don&#39;t know any black people that pathetic and shallow and frankly i don&#39;t want to.
    I&#39;m not sure what you classify as being black but if it&#39;s the image that 90% of rappers portray then you&#39;re just reinforcing the stereotype that black people are drug addicts and insecure.

6. Music   -   #26
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by kenken@31 January 2004 - 00:11
    Ok, i&#39;m not sure where you&#39;re from but where i live there isn&#39;t actually anything thats classified as "acting black". There are stereotypes shown all over the place with black people constantly talking about money, ice and platinum but personally i don&#39;t know any black people that pathetic and shallow and frankly i don&#39;t want to.
    I&#39;m not sure what you classify as being black but if it&#39;s the image that 90% of rappers portray then you&#39;re just reinforcing the stereotype that black people are drug addicts and insecure.
    Hey&#33;&#33;&#33; I resemble that remark&#33;&#33;&#33;

I talk about money all the time.

I put ice in my soda and hope to go double platinum. WTF&#33;&#33;&#33;

Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Music   -   #27
    Originally posted by kenken@30 January 2004 - 15:11
    constantly talking about money, ice and platinum but personally i don&#39;t know any black people that pathetic and shallow and frankly i don&#39;t want to.
    if you&#39;re gonna reserve the right to get all offended about the idea that black culture is about nothing but money, ice, platinum, and drugs, then i definitely wanna reserve the right to get all offended about the idea that rap is about nothing but money, ice, platinum, and drugs. that&#39;s a narrow and judgmental view of rap, and a discredit to about 30 years worth of hard-working, innovative performers whose collected recordings add up to a heck of a lot more than some bragging about money, ice, platinum, and drugs.

8. Music   -   #28
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Thanks for your posts in here 3RA1N1AC, you&#39;re a more determined man than I to keep trying to educate people on this subject. I lost the will some time ago...

9. Music   -   #29
    Originally posted by Skillian@30 January 2004 - 22:07
    Thanks for your posts in here 3RA1N1AC, you&#39;re a more determined man than I to keep trying to educate people on this subject. I lost the will some time ago...
    i&#39;m about to give up and go hang out in the hardware forum again, actually. it&#39;s much less controversial over there.

10. Music   -   #30
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+31 January 2004 - 06:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 31 January 2004 - 06:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kenken@30 January 2004 - 15:11
    constantly talking about money, ice and platinum but personally i don&#39;t know any black people that pathetic and shallow and frankly i don&#39;t want to.
    if you&#39;re gonna reserve the right to get all offended about the idea that black culture is about nothing but money, ice, platinum, and drugs, then i definitely wanna reserve the right to get all offended about the idea that rap is about nothing but money, ice, platinum, and drugs. that&#39;s a narrow and judgmental view of rap, and a discredit to about 30 years worth of hard-working, innovative performers whose collected recordings add up to a heck of a lot more than some bragging about money, ice, platinum, and drugs. [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t get me wrong, i&#39;m not at all offended. (In fact it&#39;s very, very hard to offend me and trust me it can never be done in a race issue&#33. All i&#39;m saying is that 90% of the rappers out there talk about how much money they have which is the reason why i only listen to sertain rappers who have real lyrical content. Thats why personally i don&#39;t really like 50 Cent for example, when he first came out i thought he was good but after the G-Unity album and many a interview i see that he is just like so many others "purely materialistic".
    I realise that there are many rappers who aren&#39;t like this but as i live in London it&#39;s quite hard to come across an artist without scouring web pages who isn&#39;t like the ones forced upon us; i.e nelly, diddy and other fools.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast