Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parents Drugging Preschoolers With Antidepressents

Anti-depressents(all of them) need to completly be banned
    You dont know shit.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Poster
    Thats a bit messed.

Only reason anyone would get someone in to check out a kid at school here is if they were like violent or something, i mean if something like that happened then the parents would be in on it, not like the school goin at it like the way you describe.

And besides, let them file a complaint.
    Its the parents decision. Doctors / schools can only really ADVISE
    They arent able to force anything on anyone.

How widespread is the drugging anyway, iv never known anyone whos been drugged or anythin for that here.
    Even the really disruptive people iv known, no-ones had things that far and theyv done some messed up things lol

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    ARM - like posted before RITALIN IS FOR A.D.D., NOT DEPRESSION. Judging by your posts, you don't have a clue when it comes to depression so STFU. I don't appreciate a little fucker like you insinuating that I'm weak and just can't handle "a little bit of melancholy."

EDIT: I do think the fact that they are giving grade school children these drugs is terribly wrong but to say that depression is bullshit is just ignorant.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Poster
    I have social anxiety disorder and with that comes depression and i'm aything but a weak puss. I never take pills I deal with this danmed problem myself and do not allow anything or anyone besides myself to get over it.So far everything is getting better , best shape of my life , better grades , better at sports and clear thinking which pills cloud in my belief.

I say let the kids deal with it there selfs and not "pills", by useing self dicipline.

Poor kids.

Edit: I should get a spellchecker.................in pill form.
    "You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do."
    -Henry Ford

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by Arm@5 February 2004 - 20:06
    Ah depression is bullshit. I don't care what any of you hippies say. And whoever the fucker who said my brain chemicals are perfectly balanced, that couldn't be any more farther form the truth.

Damn I am glad I fought against my mom shoving Ritalin down my throat since the put me on it in first grade. Arms been off drugs since sixth grade . If I continued to take that shit my brain would probably even more fucked up then it already is.

Bunch of crap that made me feel horrable and I still had behavior problems. And I don't care about all those assholes who say"well there are new drugs that work much better." Oh really, yeah some new side effects that are just as bad, if not worse. Fuck you. You all are just a bunch of morons and I'm not.

Ah the only reason why they are drugging kids is so the pharmaceutical companies can make money off the bullshit, harmful and overpriced drugs. And thats a fact! B)

Anti-depressents(all of them) need to completly be banned along with all behavior modification drugs and the fuckers who came up with it should be stoned to death.
    im on ADD pills...

they really help. u see, ur the asshole who decided to reject the treatment and now just read what u typed up! uve become an asshole becuz u DIDNT take ur meds.

thats what meds are for man. to make u BETTER!

(geez what a fucking asshole)

and by the way, ur gonna burn in hell for ur comments bout depression. my mom's friend has depression, and it sux like hell... she refuses to eat, and right now shes almost dead. the doctors are forcing the antidepressants into her body thru an IV in order to make her better...

man ur seriously gonna burn in hell

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    I&#39;m 16 and I take anti-depreesants as well as stimulants for adhd. I absolutely agree that both of the medicines I&#39;m taking are overprescribed here in the US, but I am living proof that they work. I do feel negative side-affects from the anti-depressants, but these are nothing compared to what I feel without them. To those of you who are telling us depression is a myth and pills dont do anything, you might as well say cancer is a lie and chemo is only for pussies. I bet if you had to go through what some people like me have, you would have different feelings. So think about things like this before you open your mouth.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by atiVidia@7 February 2004 - 05:21
    and by the way, ur gonna burn in hell for ur comments bout depression. my mom&#39;s friend has depression, and it sux like hell... she refuses to eat, and right now shes almost dead. the doctors are forcing the antidepressants into her body thru an IV in order to make her better...

man ur seriously gonna burn in hell
    Damn right I am. Oh yeah I&#39;m a atheist so I don&#39;t believe in hell. B) Well I guess the antidepressents don&#39;t work since they arent making her better.

Anti-depressents don&#39;t work any more then placebos do. You don&#39;t think your getting better, you wont get better. I was depressed for a while but me getting a girlfriend sure lifted me right out of it. And yes, assholes like me can get grlfriends. People said when I was drugged up on Ritalin I behaved better in school and I guess I did but lets take a look at what the drugs did to me:

I felt very sick alot and has no appetite at all so I could not eat. Also my stomach was upset alot of the time.
    I felt very uncomfortable all the time. I always felt paranoid and weak. Like I couldn&#39;t even shout or run until those fucking drugs were out of my body. Also my attenction span really didn&#39;t improve except for the part of it putting my brain into a chemical straight jacket.
    Not to menction I still got into trouble even while I was drugged so I guess they were pretty worthless. B)
    And when I was put on Adderall the symptoms increased to the point I couldn&#39;t even do any work. Also by the end of being on the Adderall I got kicked out of school so ah the drug obviously didn&#39;t work.

I have very defiant thinking and was against being put on drugs since first grade. I will not be controlled even for the better&#33;

I guess if I thought in my mind just to be a sheep and think the drug made me better it could of but I didn&#39;t. Again with the placebo effect.

And mogadishu, cancer is a different story. Thats something life threatning. ADHD is just misbehaving in school. ADHD people are just different then normal(?) people. B) They don&#39;t suffer from disorders and are creative thinkers. Being drugger up on chemical straight jackets ruins what makes you unique.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by Arm@7 February 2004 - 11:13

And mogadishu, cancer is a different story. Thats something life threatning. ADHD is just misbehaving in school. ADHD people are just different then normal(?) people. B) They don&#39;t suffer from disorders and are creative thinkers. Being drugger up on chemical straight jackets ruins what makes you unique.
    I was comparing cancer to Depression, not ADHD. ADHD isn&#39;t life threatening, and I don&#39;t think anyone has commited suicided because of it, but it still impedes learning and paying attention is much harder. But this thread was about Anti-Depressants, not Aderol, Ritalin etc. I cannot stress enough that all the drugs that are being discussed are overprescribed across the country... but this doesnt take away from the fact that depression can be just as bad as cancer. I can&#39;t say that I have experience depression as bad as this, but I know plenty of people who genuinly felt mental anguish parallel to that of what a cancer patient feels. I can understand people not wanting to accept these kind of drugs, because there is no physical attribute to associate with the illnessses, but nevertheless they are illnesses that need to be treated like any other.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Originally posted by mogadishu@7 February 2004 - 02:21
    I&#39;m 16 and I take anti-depreesants as well as stimulants for adhd. I absolutely agree that both of the medicines I&#39;m taking are overprescribed here in the US,
    Your not a doctor and you certainly can&#39;t diagnose the medical conditions of millions of patients who are prescribed these drugs, I think your just guessing and trying to make your guess seem authoritative by adding the fact your prescribed them.
    Since you admitted to being prescribed them your saying your mentally ill witch discredits your guess even more.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Arm: You&#39;re an idiot. You obviously have no idea what you&#39;re talking about, or any information to support the insane things that you say.

FACT: Depression is a REAL problem inside a persons brain. It&#39;s a chemical imbalance and they developed medicine to help with it.

So you say they should ban that medicine? So people can&#39;t get the help they need. Nice one fuck face.

Geese, next thing you&#39;ll be saying is that the condition of bi-polar is not a disease, or schizophrenia. They, just as depression, have to do with chemical imbalances in a persons brain.

You keep saying the effects from taking the medicine are worse and that it will hurt the persons brain more than help. What effects are you talking about??? And do you have any facts to back up these statements?

Please get some real facts on a subject before you make a complete ass of yourself.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast