Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: View Of A Newcomer

Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Originally posted by evildon+8 February 2004 - 23:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (evildon @ 8 February 2004 - 23:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Askjeevesbot@8 February 2004 - 23:10
    this is a community i mean can you think of 1 community who never argues or has disagreements?
    I dont think we all hafta agree..just be civil..getting along doesnt mean we all agree..I HATE the new logo and not too up on the name..but not gonna frak about it..no way will we all agree....doesnt mean we cant get along tho..two seperate things actually.. [/b][/quote]
    Well said, people can disagree and still get on and enjoy themselves. It happens often enough in real life. Like you say, as long as they can be civil when they disagree. Surely nobody wants an unpleasent time when they should be enjoying themselves.

Oh and I hadnt noticed that someone had accused me of it, so my apologies if I came on a bit strong. It really wasnt you I should have been having a go at, sorry.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #42
    Originally posted by REALITY+8 February 2004 - 22:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 8 February 2004 - 22:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Agrajag@8 February 2004 - 09:36
    I assumed that you equating me to internet.news was an insult.
    Ok I guess I&#39;ll jump in...

Why would you assume that comparing you to internt.news would be an insult, it seemed clear to me it was a joke considering that it was suggested that you are an existing member signing up under a new identity, you do seem to know the members rather well for a newcomer, although if you really are a new member then I say welcome aboard. [/b][/quote]
    My reply was also a joke, sorry if it didn&#39;t come across that way. I am sure you visit a lot of boards yourself. Bet you see the same type of characters over and over. I&#39;m not saying it is the same people, just that wherever you go you get the same type of people. Thanks for the welcome btw.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #43
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Welcome agrajag

Can i tell the rest of these people for you...

There are 2 other members that have posted with agrajag&#39;s IP, and he does not have the same writing style as either of these members.

Although i cant be 100%, i am quite sure he is not an existing member trying to wind you lot up...so can you give the guy a break?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #44
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@8 February 2004 - 23:45
    Welcome agrajag

Can i tell the rest of these people for you...

There are 2 other members that have posted with agrajag&#39;s IP, and he does not have the same writing style as either of these members.

Although i cant be 100%, i am quite sure he is not an existing member trying to wind you lot up...so can you give the guy a break?
    Thank you, very nice of you to take the time without being asked.

This is the thread I referred to when we were discussing things in the About World News section. The one where someone pointed out that it was OK to disagree, as long as people were civil. It is supposed to be fun after all. I quite enjoy a good debate, as long as it does not get too nasty. It would be boring if we all thought the same things.

I think sugar is sweet.

I agree

Seconded

Me too

Ditto

Next thread please.

There really are those type of boards. They tend to use phrases like *hugs* a lot and messages like ((((Rat Faced)))). If people want that, fine, good luck to them. But it is not for me. I like some color left in my meat when it is cooked.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #45
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I dunno, depending on who&#39;s doing it, i dont so much mind the ((((Rat Faced)))) posts

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #46
    {P}{S}{Y}{C}{O}
    Well the problem is when someone disagrees people always have to flame it has to stop :x

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #47
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@9 February 2004 - 00:02
    I dunno, depending on who&#39;s doing it, i dont so much mind the ((((Rat Faced)))) posts

Fair point.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #48
    The writing style is familar but i cant quite pinpoint who it is, i&#39;m leaning to a certain member who has multiable personalitys

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #49
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    Originally posted by evildon@8 February 2004 - 17:54
    of course we can..if we all choose too....as far as i know no amount of fake users getting on and blowing smoke saying"this board is great..i am new but i like the changes" will change anything and no reason to get all up in arms about it...not saying thats going on..as i have said before the rez or color or logo does not make this forum what it is the users do...in the end anyhow..I can deal with the changes so far nothing real earth-shattering....as long as this doesnt turn into a kindergaten class or a place where a few bullies run the playground I am fine..and the board should be...we come here to socialize and to keep up to date on P2P stuff...dont see why we cant keep doing that here even with the changes...only other thing that i see is that there seems to be an undercurrent of Kazaa bashing starting on here which I totally fail to understand...
    Ever heard of paragraphs?
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #50
    Originally posted by junkyardking@9 February 2004 - 02:43
    The writing style is familar but i cant quite pinpoint who it is, i&#39;m leaning to a certain member who has multiable personalitys
    He reminds me of a polite Jpol, who is also mindful of his "p&#39;s and q&#39;s". Since Jpol has been away today, i wonder.

Would be nice to have an a new intelligent and polite compatriot.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast