Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brand New Ati Radeon 9600

Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@10 February 2004 - 14:28
    id be careful bout that ocing syndrom u got there. not good for the card, jumping from stock to that high without testing it. ur supposed to increment the gpu by 5 and the ram by 10. i read that somewhere
    Your supposed to do it like that because then you can see how stable it is as it goes up. Going in 5 increments then restarting isn't going to be different from jumping 50 at once.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    i know im supposed to go slow, but i was monitering the temps, and using an artifact tester to make sure nothing was going wrong. i know i got a slight problem with jumping to far on things. should have pics soon. i got to get brett (mom's bf) to take a couple so i can post them.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Originally posted by Mad Cat+10 February 2004 - 15:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mad Cat @ 10 February 2004 - 15:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@10 February 2004 - 14:28
    id be careful bout that ocing syndrom u got there. not good for the card, jumping from stock to that high without testing it. ur supposed to increment the gpu by 5 and the ram by 10. i read that somewhere
    Your supposed to do it like that because then you can see how stable it is as it goes up. Going in 5 increments then restarting isn&#39;t going to be different from jumping 50 at once. [/b][/quote]
    Uh, yeah it is. If you go up 50 then you could burn it up. If you go up in 5 you wont.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    another how far did he bury it into the snowhill post...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    You should always max out the memory speed before moving on the GPU.

However, I am warning you now that a 9600 non pro won&#39;t overclock extremely well.

EDIT: Hey pcgamerboy, check out this tool. It has a couple great features, like "find max mem" and "find max core"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12