Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Buddhism Is Science Not Religion

confused

Will people stop using two accounts. And if they are will they be kind enough to never use the old one
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1@28 February 2004 - 02:19

@sam - I don&#39;t get your point, i&#39;m not saying it is a science, i&#39;m saying its useful to science because understandings in buddhism relate to human and universal nature which is what science is trying to understand. Edit realsied you were talking to other guy - tired.
    It was aimed at anyone. Buddhism can help anyone who will give it the time to undestand it. Scietifically - yes the principles are useful but that does not encompass the philosophy. Even Tai Chi (which I find cool up on Lumpin park at 6am) isn&#39;t empirical yet it works.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by samsamsamsam+29 February 2004 - 01:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (samsamsamsam @ 29 February 2004 - 01:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Wizard_Mon1@28 February 2004 - 02:19

@sam - I don&#39;t get your point, i&#39;m not saying it is a science, i&#39;m saying its useful to science because understandings in buddhism relate to human and universal nature which is what science is trying to understand. Edit realsied you were talking to other guy - tired.
    It was aimed at anyone. Buddhism can help anyone who will give it the time to undestand it. Scietifically - yes the principles are useful but that does not encompass the philosophy. Even Tai Chi (which I find cool up on Lumpin park at 6am) isn&#39;t empirical yet it works. [/b][/quote]
    Sam&#33; Could you explain that to me tomorrow when I am sober.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Originally posted by bigboab+29 February 2004 - 00:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 29 February 2004 - 00:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by samsamsamsam@29 February 2004 - 01:26
    <!--QuoteBegin-Wizard_Mon1
    @28 February 2004 - 02:19

It was aimed at anyone. Buddhism can help anyone who will give it the time to undestand it. Scietifically - yes the principles are useful but that does not encompass the philosophy. Even Tai Chi (which I find cool up on Lumpin park at 6am) isn&#39;t empirical yet it works.
    Sam&#33; Could you explain that to me tomorrow when I am sober. [/b][/quote]
    lol - we&#39;ll arrange a special Buddhism Big Boab time

5. Lounge   -   #35
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by samsamsamsam+29 February 2004 - 01:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (samsamsamsam @ 29 February 2004 - 01:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by bigboab@29 February 2004 - 00:30
    Originally posted by samsamsamsam@29 February 2004 - 01:26
    <!--QuoteBegin-Wizard_Mon1
    @28 February 2004 - 02:19

Sam&#33; Could you explain that to me tomorrow when I am sober.
    lol - we&#39;ll arrange a special Buddhism Big Boab time [/b][/quote]
    I am sorry Sam. I dont think that would be possible. I would not like to think I was responsible for the downfall of any religion.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Originally posted by bigboab@29 February 2004 - 00:34

I am sorry Sam. I dont think that would be possible. I would not like to think I was responsible for the downfall of any religion.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234