Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Congress Goes After File Sharing

jetje's Avatar former star
    just for debating on the subject it will leave open, but indeed as RPerry said we get this kinda post a few times every week.
    We know your intention was probably a good one but the people in here have seen them over and over again. B)
    That's why WE react like this.
    Also i like to add that we all come from different countries with different rulez, laws and regulations according to filesharing and having a copy on your HD.... So it's a bit difficult to debate on these matters. B)

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by jetje@7 March 2003 - 17:03
    just for debating on the subject it will leave open, but indeed as RPerry said we get this kinda post a few times every week.
    We know your intention was probably a good one but the people in here have seen them over and over again. B)
    That's why WE react like this.
    Also i like to add that we all come from different countries with different rulez, laws and regulations according to filesharing and having a copy on your HD.... So it's a bit difficult to debate on these matters. B)
    Exactly

Oh and by the way you do have a constitution in England, just not a written one.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by nahan@7 March 2003 - 11:11
    .....Where theres smoke theres fire .......
    So Elvis still might be alive after all...?

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Fasttracker A
    I am on your side .This is probably the worlds largest game of hide and seek
    we all take the necessary steps to protect ourselves.

But to stand around saying; this will never happen to us ,these are scare tactics,and ive heard this all before dosent mean it wont affect us in some shape or form.
    The gov is just using this to break down privacy rules to gain access to our systems and our lives
    i dont reside in the usa and the athorities arent going to get me,but to beware of whats going on around me is half the battle.
    Its all about addapting they change ill change (hide and seek)

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Are you familiar with Darwins theory?

6. Lounge   -   #26
    njs12345's Avatar Poster
    inside your head, and you can't get me out, mwahahaha
    I live in the england, and don't really believe the authorities will do anything to me. I mean think about it. A simple look on my kazaa window shows that there are above 4 million users on at the moment. A court case takes what, two weeks.

4,000,000x14=56,000,000. Therefore it would take about 153,000 years to prosecute everyone on Kazaa. Even if you consider perhaps only 1000th of the are sharing stuff bad enough to get prosecuted over, it would still take over 1000 years to prosecute all of us.

Also, al birkett, you think we have a good football/soccer team?

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by njs12345@7 March 2003 - 21:27
    Also, al birkett, you think we have a good football/soccer team?               
    It's a good team until you play against us, the portuguese.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Originally posted by njs12345@7 March 2003 - 22:27
    A court case takes what, two weeks.

4,000,000x14=56,000,000. Therefore it would take about 153,000 years to prosecute everyone on Kazaa. Even if you consider perhaps only 1000th of the are sharing stuff bad enough to get prosecuted over, it would still take over 1000 years to prosecute all of us.

lol nice point.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    It's a good team until you play against us, the portuguese.
    where were the portuguese in Japan 2002??

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Well, I don't know about the US, but here in Israel there are many stores with pirated CDs for sale, every school and university uses pirated software, etc. - the reason for that is mainly the unreasonably prices for legal software around here, but the first fact i stated just proved that the govt doesn't give a s*** about copyright laws. And i doubt an Israeli ISP will ever disclose a person's details to the RIAA - and the RIAA can't do s*** to enforce it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast