Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hamster Coats..

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1@2 March 2004 - 19:20
    Why is that we get to descide whether another species is over populated? I mean we don't go and kill other humans when there is over population.

Busy i don't really understand that post from the way it is worded so i interprated it, could you explain further?
    Hmmmm because we are human.

If cockroaches are running rampant in your house........KILL THEM!!!!

Actually we as humans are overpopulated. In knowing that do we kill us or animals?

I wish my country would stop allowing SO MANY aliens here. Alot of them are flooding in from Mexico (for cheap labor).

Overpopulation is one main root of crime.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Its magic baby!
    What makes being human so special?
    Wiz.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1@2 March 2004 - 19:33
    I don't know, you tell me............from a ducks perspective.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Its magic baby!
    Originally posted by Busyman+2 March 2004 - 23:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 2 March 2004 - 23:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Wizard_Mon1@2 March 2004 - 19:33
    I don&#39;t know, you tell me............from a ducks perspective. [/b][/quote]
    LOL - Humans don&#39;t have to fly south or get eaten with hoisin sauce.
    Wiz.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I beg to differ on a small point.

Over-population has often been a cause of war and conflict over land and has been a major feature of human history. I believe Hitler called it "living room". Humans have been killed in millions for this very reason - not least, most of the Native American population.

I would also suggest that there is a difference between vanity and necessity. Some drugs require testing - many end up having a dual purpose and are subsequently used by Vets. However, making beagles smoke or killing the last snow leopard to make a coat is, in my opinion, just obscene.

With regards "the coat", hamsters are short lived little creatures and I am sure if one waited a short time they would relinquish their coats without a fuss (however, I wouldn&#39;t like to be the poor sod that had to stitch enough hamster coats together to make a human sized garment - sweated labour springs to mind).

If anyone is interested, the shop in Scotland has ceased selling said coat. They received feedback from the people that mattered, their customers.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Originally posted by Biggles@2 March 2004 - 20:08
    I beg to differ on a small point.

Over-population has often been a cause of war and conflict over land and has been a major feature of human history. I believe Hitler called it "living room". Humans have been killed in millions for this very reason - not least, most of the Native American population.

I would also suggest that there is a difference between vanity and necessity. Some drugs require testing - many end up having a dual purpose and are subsequently used by Vets. However, making beagles smoke or killing the last snow leopard to make a coat is, in my opinion, just obscene.

With regards "the coat", hamsters are short lived little creatures and I am sure if one waited a short time they would relinquish their coats without a fuss (however, I wouldn&#39;t like to be the poor sod that had to stitch enough hamster coats together to make a human sized garment - sweated labour springs to mind).

If anyone is interested, the shop in Scotland has ceased selling said coat. They received feedback from the people that mattered, their customers.
    Don&#39;t beg, just differ.

Regarding your first paragraph I don&#39;t see how you differed.

I agree that with these hamster coats they could just wait until they die. They could just push back their manufacturing versus breeding schedule and they will be forever on schedule.
    ---------
    With overpopulation there are less jobs, less food, etc. Some then resort to theft, murder, etc.
    Applying this to animals, more and more I see forests being torn down to make way for new housing developments and strip malls (mostly housing).

Around here, deer are being seen more and more right in new housing developments.

As it keeps on we will witness the fall of society.

Humans need to be content and stop breeding so much. We are like viruses (thank you Agent Smith )

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by Busyman+2 March 2004 - 23:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 2 March 2004 - 23:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Wizard_Mon1@2 March 2004 - 19:33
    I don&#39;t know, you tell me............from a ducks perspective. [/b][/quote]
    As in watching us plummet to the ground sort of perspective?

Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1+2 March 2004 - 20:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wizard_Mon1 &#064; 2 March 2004 - 20:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by j2k4@2 March 2004 - 18:53
    Originally posted by Busyman@2 March 2004 - 15:42
    Originally posted by j2k4@2 March 2004 - 14:32
    <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman
    @2 March 2004 - 15:14
    In some places people eat pussy.

I have been to such places.

Animal lovers, (I am one) please note:

Rights cannot be conferred upon animate objects (animals) incapable of understanding even the concept of same.

To the extent that animals are treated well at all is due to human largesse, and nothing more.

The answer I should have gave the Wizard.

......nicely summed and very brief

Glad to help, B., and thank you.

I&#39;ve been through this one many times.
    So is that it then end of discussion j2k4 said his piece and thats it.

Yes, i know it is humans that convey rights and that animals cannot understand them. Just because animals don&#39;t have the same developed traits as humans does not mean they arn&#39;t worth considering. Animals have developed charicteristics that suit thier surroundings and if we then change there environment because it suits us arn&#39;t we out of line. If you take whats happened to bears, as weve destroyed thier home they have moved closer to the city which they are no way near well apapted for, is it our right to do this to them because we are human and we are the best?[/b][/quote]
    Oh, come now, Wizard-

I&#39;m saying hamsters are incapable of possessing rights, as they are incapable of exercising them.

Animals are worthy of precisely as much consideration/protection as humans deem them worthy.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    I say again leather shoes, hamster fur coats, the difference would be what ?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Poster
    Some animal rights campaigners are scum. Car bombing research scientists, defacing property, arson attatcks etc. are all so insanely disproportionate in comparison to the acts of said scientists.
    Thus, I have very, very little time for any animal rights protestors opinions or beliefs.
    Fux them all, I say

(wow, that has to be one of my most intelligent posts ever)
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast