Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Hamster Coats..

Originally posted by Busyman@4 March 2004 - 06:53
    Some animal rights folks are mighty judgemental fucks (and I mean that in the kindest way).

Who the fuck are they to tell me

"Well only wear the coat if the animal is eaten".

It's a coat

Go graze in the wilderness or forage for berries and shit.  
    Ya, I get your point Busy, that is why I called this issue a 'tweener.

I'm sure I could live a full life without eating another animal, but I will continue to eat them because it gives me great pleasure. Steak, shrimp scampi, bar-b-qued beef ribs, fried chicken, turkey and dressing. Hell, when I order chinese food, I never even bother with the rice, I tell them to keep it.

I think we would all agree that animals should not be treated cruelly and that if the hamsters are treated well for "x" amount of time then killed humanely, that probably beats existing in the wild where disease and predation probably would cause a shorter life expectancy than the "farmed" animals and a far more miserable death.

It would seem that well feed and exercised humping hamsters would have the fullest and shiniest coats, so it might be in the best interest of the farm to treat them well to produce the best product.

This is unlike the "meat" industry that shackles animals to keep the meat tender.

Humans are not like hamsters. Humans understand that ultimately they will die, a very unique human burden, hamsters understand that they like lettace. If a hamster just doesn't wake up one day, what's the big deal? It wasn't planning on writing it's life opus that afternoon, it was just going to be another day of eat, shit, and sleep.

I still don't want a hamster coat, though.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #62
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by hobbes+4 March 2004 - 21:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 4 March 2004 - 21:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@4 March 2004 - 06:53
    Some animal rights folks are mighty judgemental fucks (and I mean that in the kindest way).

Who the fuck are they to tell me

"Well only wear the coat if the animal is eaten".

It&#39;s a coat

Go graze in the wilderness or forage for berries and shit.
    Ya, I get your point Busy, that is why I called this issue a &#39;tweener.

I&#39;m sure I could live a full life without eating another animal, but I will continue to eat them because it gives me great pleasure. Steak, shrimp scampi, bar-b-qued beef ribs, fried chicken, turkey and dressing. Hell, when I order chinese food, I never even bother with the rice, I tell them to keep it.

I think we would all agree that animals should not be treated cruelly and that if the hamsters are treated well for "x" amount of time then killed humanely, that probably beats existing in the wild where disease and predation probably would cause a shorter life expectancy than the "farmed" animals and a far more miserable death.

It would seem that well feed and exercised humping hamsters would have the fullest and shiniest coats, so it might be in the best interest of the farm to treat them well to produce the best product.

This is unlike the "meat" industry that shackles animals to keep the meat tender.

Humans are not like hamsters. Humans understand that ultimately they will die, a very unique human burden, hamsters understand that they like lettace. If a hamster just doesn&#39;t wake up one day, what&#39;s the big deal? It wasn&#39;t planning on writing it&#39;s life opus that afternoon, it was just going to be another day of eat, shit, and sleep.

I still don&#39;t want a hamster coat, though. [/b][/quote]
    Ok man I agree with that tweener thingamajig, whatchamacallit, doohicky.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #63
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by hobbes@5 March 2004 - 00:56
    You are allowed to shackle your animals? That sort of behaviour would almost certainly result in heavy fines and probably jail terms in Europe.

It&#39;s no wonder veggies get so upset.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #64
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    What about veal production?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567