Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: African Americans

The question is relevant because it allows to understand how diverse the audience on this board is. If we are all a bunch of middle class white dudes, we might be limited in our range of perspectives. I would prefer a forum with a broad racial and demographic range, rather than a narrow one.

I see no element of racism in the request, nor do I find it "strange".

Perhaps a poll?

PS- I know 1 black person on this board. I don't like the term African-American, but that is a different story.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Lounge   -   #12
    WOX's Avatar L.A VAMPIRE HERO
    Originally posted by hobbes@12 March 2004 - 02:06
    The question is relevant because it allows to understand how diverse the audience on this board is. If we are all a bunch of middle class white dudes, we might be limited in our range of perspectives. I would prefer a forum with a broad racial and demographic range, rather than a narrow one.

Perhaps a poll?

PS- I know 1 black person on this board. I don't like the term African-American, but that is a different story.
    good idea.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@12 March 2004 - 03:06

Perhaps a poll?

Exactly, but I fear this thread was started to prove a point.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Originally posted by mrcall1969+12 March 2004 - 03:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrcall1969 @ 12 March 2004 - 03:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@12 March 2004 - 03:06
    The question is relevant because it allows to understand how diverse the audience on this board is.&nbsp; If we are all a bunch of middle class white dudes, we might be limited in our range of perspectives.&nbsp; I would prefer a forum with a broad racial and demographic range, rather than a narrow one.

Perhaps a poll?

PS- I know 1 black person on this board.&nbsp; I don&#39;t like the term African-American, but that is a different story.
    Exactly, but I fear this thread was started to prove a point. [/b][/quote]
    You mean the original poster arguing with himself just for shits? Oh well, too each his own.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. Lounge   -   #15

Perhaps a poll?

PS- I know 1 black person on this board. I don&#39;t like the term African-American, but that is a different story.

Can anybody request a poll from a mod for me?
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Exactly, but I fear this thread was started to prove a point.

Thats not at all the reason. The reason of this thread is to see how many blacks we have on this board and talk about different raices other than blacks and whites if it came up which it did, so lets request a poll.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12