Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Dawn Of The Dead

Originally posted by bujub22+30 March 2004 - 01:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bujub22 @ 30 March 2004 - 01:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@29 March 2004 - 21:16
    <!--QuoteBegin-bujub22
    @30 March 2004 - 00:16

and @drunkinstyle

yah it was a bit unreal them being fast an all, but it made more sense cuz in the ol 1&#39;s they could have easly took back the city&#39;s if they were that slow ,but the new 1 was good cuz they played it out like they had no chance anywhere they went

they do start winning in the first the bikers where pwning the undead. also they are sapposed to get away though like in the first, my guess to that is the black cop and the blonde girl survived for the sequal.
    did u not watch the credits? [/b][/quote]
    yea i seen it today it but i dont remeber it showing them dieing just made it seem so but i gotta bad memory

2. Movies & TV   -   #62
    cockboy's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bujub22@29 March 2004 - 22:18
    DOTD the original an the new 1 are both good the remake is a lil better&#33;,cuz they were faster but ,the original was better because they had a gun store ,but suck they ain&#39;t take all the guns

but cant wait to see resident evil 2 should be jus like it somewhat?
    Not sure who started saying that the original zombies ,(DOTD1) were slow, but I remember that they were only slow until they grabbed for you and then they were fast&#33; I thought they were a bit like crocs, slow and lumbering, but when the time to strike comes, BANG&#33; MUNCH&#33; RENDING THROAT&#33; MUCH SPURTING BLOOD&#33;&#33;
    It appeared to me that they were just slow to conserve energy.
    They go slow in the new one as well, only going fast when they spot prey.
    Still, not even as good as day of the dead .
    P.S. anyone remember zombie oasis?
    D2D
    Cockboy (not gay)

3. Movies & TV   -   #63
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE+30 March 2004 - 05:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrunkeNStylE @ 30 March 2004 - 05:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by bujub22@30 March 2004 - 01:20
    <!--QuoteBegin-bujub22

and @drunkinstyle

yah it was a bit unreal them being fast an all, but it made more sense cuz in the ol 1&#39;s they could have easly took back the city&#39;s if they were that slow ,but the new 1 was good cuz they played it out like they had no chance anywhere they went

they do start winning in the first the bikers where pwning the undead. also they are sapposed to get away though like in the first, my guess to that is the black cop and the blonde girl survived for the sequal.

did u not watch the credits?
    yea i seen it today it but i dont remeber it showing them dieing just made it seem so but i gotta bad memory [/b][/quote]
    u pretty much can tell they died&#33; where they running to?

and @cockboy

what&#39;s zombie oasis?

4. Movies & TV   -   #64
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by cockboy+30 March 2004 - 13:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cockboy &#064; 30 March 2004 - 13:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bujub22@29 March 2004 - 22:18
    DOTD the original an the new 1 are both good the remake is a lil better&#33;,cuz they were faster but ,the original was better because they had a gun store ,but suck they ain&#39;t take all the guns

but cant wait to see resident evil 2 should be jus like it somewhat?
    Not sure who started saying that the original zombies ,(DOTD1) were slow, but I remember that they were only slow until they grabbed for you and then they were fast&#33; I thought they were a bit like crocs, slow and lumbering, but when the time to strike comes, BANG&#33; MUNCH&#33; RENDING THROAT&#33; MUCH SPURTING BLOOD&#33;&#33;
    It appeared to me that they were just slow to conserve energy.
    They go slow in the new one as well, only going fast when they spot prey.
    Still, not even as good as day of the dead .
    P.S. anyone remember zombie oasis?
    D2D
    Cockboy (not gay) [/b][/quote]
    Day of the Dead was the weakest of the three, I liked the idea and some of the scenes were quite good. But as has been mentioned elsewhere a lot of the time it is just people shouting at each other waiting for zombies to kill them.

I really enjoyed the remake it totally blew me away, and even though I was a huge fan of the original (it&#39;s in my Top Ten films) I can see this becoming my favourite of the two. It had to take new ideas and work with them, remaking DOTD too closely would have been a backwards step imo.

Zombie films have seen a ressurection recently (pun intended) and I can&#39;t wait to see a remake of Day of the Dead. Hope they get it right this time.

edit: Zombie Oasis? I remember a film called Oasis of the Zombie, is that the same one?

5. Movies & TV   -   #65
    Originally posted by bujub22+31 March 2004 - 00:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bujub22 @ 31 March 2004 - 00:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@30 March 2004 - 05:17
    <!--QuoteBegin-bujub22

and @drunkinstyle

yea i seen it today it but i dont remeber it showing them dieing just made it seem so but i gotta bad memory

and @cockboy

what&#39;s zombie oasis? [/b][/quote]
    back to a boat with some paddles

6. Movies & TV   -   #66
    Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE+30 March 2004 - 22:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrunkeNStylE @ 30 March 2004 - 22:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by bujub22@31 March 2004 - 00:13
    Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@30 March 2004 - 05:17
    <!--QuoteBegin-bujub22

and @drunkinstyle

and @cockboy

what&#39;s zombie oasis?
    back to a boat with some paddles [/b][/quote]
    with no food? yah right unless the servive on maggots is fear a factor?

7. Movies & TV   -   #67
    cockboy's Avatar Poster
    cockboy

what&#39;s zombie oasis?

Alright, If I remember right, Zombie Oasis fetured an Oasis&#33; in the desert which was stumbled apon, somehow by some teenage boys and girls.
    I think that they find a buried german halftrack at the Oasis, and I remember one of the girls goes skinny dipping in the oasis, probably gets munched by a german soldier Zombie.
    Then the Zombie germans start rising from the sand all around and have a teenage feast.
    there is more to it than that, but I watched it about 20 odd years ago, so have forgotten a lot.
    I think it was dubbed from Italian.
    Also remember Zombie Lake?
    Cockboy, not gay

P.S. might have also been called Oasis Of The Zombies.

8. Movies & TV   -   #68
    oh man. nazi water-zombies. that&#39;s a whole mini-genre in itself. but the only one of those i ever saw (nazi zombies, swimming nazi zombies...) that i thought was any good was Shock Waves (from the guy who later directed Return Of The Living Dead Part 2 and Meatballs... uh... Part 2). and even that one was kinda less-than-great.

i much prefer the "fishmen" movies over the swimming nazi zombie movies. Island Of The Fishmen (aka Screamers) and Humanoids From The Deep are both classic. now that&#39;s a genre worth reviving in big-budget fashion.

and how does this tie in with Dawn Of The Dead? funny that you should ask. Island Of The Fishmen was filmed at the same location and same time as Lucio Fulci&#39;s Zombi 2 (aka Zombie Flesh Eaters), the unofficial italian sequel to Dawn Of The Dead, and Richard Johnson appears in both of &#39;em.

9. Movies & TV   -   #69
    damn everytimwe i see a ol but new movie title in here i look for it cuz i want to see it , now i gotta look for zombie oasis found everyother movie wid zombies in it sep fpr redneck zombie and now the oasis 1

10. Movies & TV   -   #70
    old school
    Originally posted by bujub22@31 March 2004 - 07:39
    damn everytimwe i see a ol but new movie title in here i look for it cuz i want to see it , now i gotta look for zombie oasis found everyother movie wid zombies in it sep fpr redneck zombie and now the oasis 1

after reading the review, it doesn&#39;t sound bad
    can&#39;t wait for more zombie movies to roll out after the success of DawnOTD (2004)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast