Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pc Screen In Sted Of A Tv Screen

BANNED
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@24 March 2004 - 14:48
    Just wondering, does anyone know what the "standard" refresh rate is on a regular Television? is it higher or lower the the 50-75Mhz refresh rate of a monitor?
    60hz for a tv mate.

gungrave yea it was late n i missed it in your sig mate.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    but you cant compare refresh rates, cos theres vertical and horizontal, and theres also pitch and all kinda of stuff to look at - there was an amazing thread about this a while back - i started it by asking about vga-pal scan adapters, if you wanna find it
    <insert signature here>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Alright I&#39;ll have a look for it
    What is usually easier on the eyes then? a monitor or a tv?
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    well neither - and both

TV = better for TV (movies etc)
    PC = better for text and, well, pc stuff

lol, well you see what i mean - its all pretty complicated and i dont understand a great deal, but basically, tv out is better for movies than for word processing
    <insert signature here>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by vivitron 15+24 March 2004 - 10:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vivitron 15 &#064; 24 March 2004 - 10:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> but you cant compare refresh rates, cos theres vertical and horizontal, and theres also pitch and all kinda of stuff to look at - there was an amazing thread about this a while back - i started it by asking about vga-pal scan adapters, if you wanna find it [/b]

well... refresh rates only tell part of the story anyway. ntsc is 60hz and pal is 50hz? which comes out to 30 and 25 interlaced frames per second. with a vga monitor (or HDTV) at 60hz, you get 60 progressive frames per second.

<!--QuoteBegin-vivitron 15

TV = better for TV (movies etc)
    PC = better for text and, well, pc stuff
    [/quote]

if your graphics card can be connected to an HDTV through vga, dvi or component video, it will certainly look better than composite or s-video. it should at least approach PC monitor quality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12