Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Children Of Today

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Pretty cheeky, alright!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #22
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT

3. Lounge   -   #23
    bring back the ability for parents to control their kids without feeling like the cops are gunna take them away

Most of the kids today need a frigging good smack around the head and to learn to respect other ppl.

the courts let the get away with just about everything , and make laws to make it easier for them

i dont know about you guys , but when i was a kid , i was far to scared of what my old man would do to me when he got home , to even think of doing half the stuff kids get away with these days

all this softly softly, talk to them parenting obviously doesnt work, its time the parents had the ability to take control of their own kids again

4. Lounge   -   #24
    I find myself largely in agreement with the preceding post.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Hehe, me too j2k4. I used to be scared to come home with less than a 7/10 for schoolwork

I agree though, there's nothing wrong with a smack on the bum when a kid did something wrong. I used to babysit my brothers kids a lot when I still lived in Belgium (6 of them at the same time!&#33. And if the youngest ones (1.5 and 2.5) did something wrong I just slapped their hands for it. That's the only way the message got through.
    There are limits of course, I'd never do what my dad used to do to me

6. Lounge   -   #26
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by delphin460@13 April 2004 - 01:38
    bring back the ability for parents to control their kids without feeling like the cops are gunna take them away

Most of the kids today need a frigging good smack around the head and to learn to respect other ppl.

the courts let the get away with just about everything , and make laws to make it easier for them

i dont know about you guys , but when i was a kid , i was far to scared of what my old man would do to me when he got home , to even think of doing half the stuff kids get away with these days

all this softly softly, talk to them parenting obviously doesnt work, its time the parents had the ability to take control of their own kids again
    to true mate!

the courts should let parent be parent's
    ive been holdin this back for bout 5 months now!

round 5 months ago my son 9 yrs ol for the first 3 months of school
    this lil bastard ,bullied another kid and his teacher did'nt call us to tell us!
    so it was'nt till we got reports back in the mail till we found out!
    then he tried to lie about what he did!...but we knew so we put him on punishment ,and it was close to his birthday so we said if u still fuck up!...no birthday ,what he do mess up again by beatin up the kid cuz he thought he told on him!...so my girl whoops his ass for lying and doing it agian!

he went to school told them ppl we abuse him and they put both my sons in foster care for 4 months ...i was so pissed im now sueing the state the school and many more ...cuz there's more to the story ,but after the second day in foster care he realise his mistake and wanted to come home ..easier said then done!
    half the fault lie's on the teacher cuz she would'nt tell us nothing then when we try to take care of it ...we end up in the court system! that why my daddy said never trust the law your better on your own tryin to handle stuff

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Originally posted by Skweeky@13 April 2004 - 06:31
    Hehe, me too j2k4. I used to be scared to come home with less than a 7/10 for schoolwork

There are limits of course, I'd never do what my dad used to do to me
    It is to your credit you see this in light of your bad experience, Skweeks.

It must have been very hard indeed.

It is a situation similar to that of the Catholic Church; given the recent scandalous behavior of some priests:

Even considering their horrible and sinful behavior, to thereby tar and feather religion is plainly inappropriate.

In the same way, the fact of severe discord or even abuse of children by parents does not dictate a default to another guiding authority.

Family is still the most unifying force in any society; anything that threatens it, threatens us all.

-Mark Twain

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Well...my sis decided it was completely wrong to give her kids a smack every now and then and they both are real brats
    My other brothers kids do get a smack on the bum when they do something wrong and they're angels most of the time.

I think I know how I'd raise my kids

9. Lounge   -   #29
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Originally posted by RGX@13 April 2004 - 00:43
    Its morning now

I declare this new day "Over analyze everything Jonno says!" day .
    You keep away from me with your anal probing

@Hobbes.......And?? What you gonna do about it?

Come on you lot, wanna fight? I can run

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@13 April 2004 - 00:40
    I declare this night "Rip the shit outta Bo night"
    Ripping the shit, or prevoking people is wrong, it can lead to bad things and flame wars accros 3 different forums...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast