Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2 Hardrives Makeing A Somewhat Highpitch Noise

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Well i used some strong leather cord and made 2 hardrive holders in my 2 empty 5.25 slots. I installed the dynamat all over the 2 case walls (leaveing the air holes open for safety), all on the top of the case, along the whole bottom except not under the motherboard, and a few other spots like on the back of the covers that cover up the 5.25 slots. Then i used the PowMax sound dampener as well on top of all dynomat areas. I now notice the hardrive noise is 80% gone! holy crap it worked pretty good!. Plus the cpu fan is nearly silent and all i hear is the ps unit pretty much which sounds like the ones at the library and obviously they gatta have em quiet there.

I took some pictures with my digital camera, but i am looking for a good image hosting site that's free. any ideas? i wanna show yall what the thing looks like.

btw, price checklist for this stuff that gave me about an 70-80% improvement on the system noise:

Leather cording: $6 (i got it from a crafts store awhile back for a project, but had alot left over.)
    Dynomat: $38 (pack 2: Xtreme Computer Pack)
    Powmax sound dampener: $17 (helps even further)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    FlyingDutchman's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@16 April 2004 - 23:59
    I now notice the hardrive noise is 80% gone! holy crap it worked pretty good!
    Glad it helped you Wolfmight.

Congrats!

A totally silent system is much more difficult (almost impossible), so don't try to achieve that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123