Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Ideas To Increase Traffic/activity

Site Owner
    Bob, I think you need to read some of the recent posts. If you do, you'd see that 7th is no longer the main admin here. I am. I feel that I have not ignored anyones concerns about anything. I have done everything feasible to satisfy members concerns. As with the antispam thing, 7th is the only one who knows how to delete it and when he gets back and has a minute he promised me he'd do so.

I will try to allow members to post in the guest folder right now.

Please I am trying to satisfy everyones needs, but I can't satify everyone as there are thousands of members with thousands of ideas.

Brian

ANTI-SPAM: I was one of the first ones to complain about this feature, mainly because that it appeared to be hitting me more than most. I was ignored. Nothing new there. I left the forum for a few days and was informed that there had been an improvement. I came back and for a couple of weeks it appeared that there was. Then it hit me harder than ever. I complained again. Jetje was the only one that was replying to my complaints. I have since left and have no intention of coming back until this feature has been removed.

The thing that is hurting me most is that a couple of my so called friends are now questioning my integrity on this matter. I do not lie. I also found it interesting that one of the advertisers at the top of the forum page advertises anti spam software. Is it rocket science for Marc to change the script from America. I think not.

THE FORUM: This is another thing I complained about a while back about the disappearance of so many good members. Also the decline in the number of posts. Now it appears as if it is being noticed.

I dont like the implications, in my opinion, of charges in any way whatsoever. Please remember that the files on this site belong to the members. They can withdraw these files at a moments notice and you will be left with a big fat zero.
    There are far too many forums and admin/mods who think that their position allows them to ignore the wishes of the members. It has been happening on this forum, and if it continues it will result in catastrophe.

The decline in the forum this year alone must be about 30% or more in post counts. Find out the reason why before you lose any more by catering or bowing to non members.

I may have gone out on the wrong tack here if so I apologise. But it has given me a chance to air my views on some of the things I think are wrong. Then I have achieved something

Please dont let me be saying goodbye for good.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #52
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by nigel123+17 April 2004 - 15:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123 @ 17 April 2004 - 15:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by bigboab@17 April 2004 - 09:23
    I have only come into this thread to say what I think before, what looks like my final departure..
    Really, bigboab, you can&#39;t keep leaving.

You must have read that 7thE is going to remove the script , when he returns... So please, have patience?

<!--QuoteBegin-bigboab
    @17 April 2004 - 09:23
    Please dont let me be saying goodbye for good.

Bob
    As far as your last sentence is concerned, only you can decide that. I would not consider an anti-spam script, reason for an adult to be making such an emotional plea. [/b][/quote]
    Sorry Nigel

I completely disagree with you. A forum is like a pub. If you dont like the service you leave and go to another pub. If and when the service improves then you come back. Simple as that. The members who remain and accept whatever is thrown at them are the ones who are &#39;not adult.&#39; I have done that four times in the last 10 years of forums. All may I add in this forum. If you dont think that anti-spam is not a reason then you have not been hit hard enough with it. It is not and never was intended to be an emotional plea. It is a statement of fact that, that is what I will do.

Read through my posts and I think you will find cases where it took me more than eight attempts to post. It may appear that I have done some apparently childish things in this anti spam affair. Like insisting that my name be removed from the &#39;chat bar&#39;. The reason for that was, that as long as my name appeared on the &#39;front page&#39; then it would appear, to some, that I was accepting the status quo. Which I am most definately not.

As for the removal of the script. If anyone was in touch with 7th, and that fact was stated at one point, then 7th could have taken off the script there and then wherever he was. Or instucted how. It has been stated that no one here can take the script off. That must look good to anyone looking in. Admin, Assistant Admin and all the Mods and none of them capable of altering a script that was placed on the database by a previous Admin.

There is something happening or about to happen on this forum, in my opinion, that the ordinary members are not being made aware of. They are now getting things like Sportsworld that they have been fighting for, for ages. Why is it acceptable now and not when a lot more were fighting for it? With all due respect Nigel I have been around a lot longer than you. I have worked as both boss and worker. I recognise the wool slowly moving over the top of my head toward my eyes. Laugh if you will now. But remember I told you so.

Bob
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #53
    Site Owner
    Bob, I don&#39;t want to sound harsh, but if you read other posts, you would see the reason things are changing is because I am the new admin. 7th is no longer the owner of this board. I am. I have been for the last 3-4 weeks. I have been trying my best to satisfy everyone. If you have a problem let me know and I&#39;ll see what i can do.

Once again as for the anti-spam script, this was placed by our old admin (7th). He programed it and wrote the script himself. All I am doing is waiting a few days for him to remove it like he promised me. Is this really a major problem? In a week the script should be disabled.

Once again, please realize that i am running this site now. Anyone who ignored members in the past has nothing to do with the way I run things.
    Brian

There is something happening or about to happen on this forum, in my opinion, that the ordinary members are not being made aware of. They are now getting things like Sportsworld that they have been fighting for, for ages. Why is it acceptable now and not when a lot more were fighting for it? With all due respect Nigel I have been around a lot longer than you. I have worked as both boss and worker. I recognise the wool slowly moving over the top of my head toward my eyes. Laugh if you will now. But remember I told you so.

Bob

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #54
    I appreciate you openess Brian. If you mean contact you by PM then sorry but I i&#39;ll decline that offer. Anything I have to say will be said in open forum or not at all. It is only recently that I communiceted my &#39;suspicions&#39; by PM to one of your mods. Only to have these suspicions come back to me via another Mod, of whom I wrongly had the suspicions. I always understood that what was said in a PM was private and should remain so. appranrently that does not apply when talking to certain Mods. The reason That Anti-spam finally got to me was the amount of times that I personally got caught and the fact that it was and is always going to be sorted &#39;tomorrow&#39;.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #55
    Site Owner
    Bob, no problem. I&#39;m fine with you posting problems in the open.

As for the antispam thing, I have never had a problem with it, however i can understand members frustrations.

Brian :-)

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #56
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Bigboab, first thank you for your explanation, and yes, you have been around a lot longer than I have, 11 years to be exact...You know, how I feel about you and my respect for you and your thoughts have not changed. Though on the board things have changed and we have a new Admin, who, seems to listen to us...I feel that he should be given a little slack...

Exactly because of your years and wisdom, a few words from you can cause a great reaction under the younger members, that is a great responsibility. So I would tend to ask you to go back, open bigboab&#39;s chat bar X; probably the most successful of threads that the board has ever known, and have fun.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #57
    Originally posted by nigel123@17 April 2004 - 18:07
    Exactly because of your years and wisdom, a few words from you can cause a great reaction under the younger members, that is a great responsibility. So I would tend to ask you to go back, open bigboab&#39;s chat bar X; probably the most successful of threads that the board has ever known, and have fun.
    No &#39;Hundred Lines&#39; that is a relief.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #58
    Im trying to find one post in the last 4 pages that was on topic .

maybe a link exchange with other big filesharing places, i don&#39;t know if suprnova costs or they will do link exchange. i agree with Jetje torrent and ed2k links are very important seeing as most of us use Bittorent now

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #59
    BANNED
    Maybe get us a couple advertising bots on the irc network with channels that would allow us?

and i&#39;ll unveil my other idea when it&#39;s ready

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #60
    Ways to increase traffic / activity

First, try to get membrrs not to be so rude sometimes.

There is no need for it and I am sure it puts some people off.

I am also on UtterAccess board (Microsoft Access) and I have never seen anyoine get abusive. (indeed you are nto allowed to)

If a newbie posts a silly question, you can just have a private laugh. But to that person their question is very pertinent.

Second, you used to be able to get to this forum from the main page of KazaaLite, For a while I was not able to and now I have this board as a Favoritie in my browser.

Third, why do I have to log on each time I visit here, other sites seem able to remember your password.

Fourth, perhaps everyone is very pleased iwth Kazaa and all the help they get so they do not need to post so much ?

Finally, I really enjoy the opportunity to use this forum, I just wish I was on broaband as it takes for ever to load up pages and I only look at half of what I would if I was on broadband.

Rgeards

Digby

PS, I just hit with the anti-spam thing for the firts time, I can see why it pisses our friend off.
    What color is your Adkaf ?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast