Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Stop Copying Pictures Over & Over.

Poster
    Originally posted by nigel123@16 April 2004 - 22:42
    Maybe we should have a forum especially for 56k'ers...?
    The slow lane.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    BANNED

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    h1
    Browser cache.

I probably have this entire forum from 9/02 archived in my cache.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by NightStalker+17 April 2004 - 07:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NightStalker &#064; 17 April 2004 - 07:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by callum@16 April 2004 - 16:23
    <!--QuoteBegin-blitz81388
    @16 April 2004 - 21:10
    It sucks being a 56ker, but when you are a 56ker, you learn to have patience......

I don&#39;t agree, some people post large pictures, for no other reason than, they are too lazy to resize them. Why should people on dial-up suffer because of them?
    That equation can also work the other way around too, such as, Why should people on high speed internet suffer because of 56k users? [/b][/quote]
    no that is the high speders fault for NOT having patience

and ditto to the 56kers

wehni was on 56k and was the user on here caled adthomp

I Managed to post 3000 posts in about 3 months whist downloading movies music ect at the same time

so don&#39;t tell me 56ks are at a disatvanatage You need god dam patience&#33;&#33;&#33;

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    We here in New Zealand are being ripped off by Telecom who charge a lot more for broadband and put a low cap on it as well, so the broadband takeup in NZ is very low - only about 10%.

I too find it a bit frustrating to wait for pages to load when you are in a hurry to post a reply, it sometimes puts you off reading threads.

Could not they make it an otpion to view the pics ?

Regards

Digby
    What color is your Adkaf ?

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    Originally posted by digmen1@17 April 2004 - 03:17

download mozilla firefox 0.8, then get some extensions such as &#39;adblock&#39;. you can basically delete any image on a page from ever showing up ever again.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by digmen1@17 April 2004 - 13:17
    We here in New Zealand are being ripped off by Telecom who charge a lot more for broadband and put a low cap on it as well, so the broadband takeup in NZ is very low - only about 10%.

I too find it a bit frustrating to wait for pages to load when you are in a hurry to post a reply, it sometimes puts you off reading threads.

Regards

Digby
    yes all you peopel taht say Australia is a rip off and where a pathetic county for technology adn are ripped off new zealand is about 2 times worse&#33;&#33;&#33;

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by digmen1@16 April 2004 - 22:17

Regards

Digby
    you don&#39;t need any different browser, you just need to turn off pics
    https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=04

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    Poster
    Originally posted by zapjb@16 April 2004 - 06:11
    This is what I mean. https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showt...=0&#entry976969

There is no reason to copy the pictures that are already in the thread. And to boot multiple times. Have some thought to us on 56k.
    There&#39;s nothing wrong with quoting an image, I thought that once you had the image in your cache you didn&#39;t download it again if you saw it again so it wouldn&#39;t make a difference if it was quoted or not so there is no arguement...

I could be wrong tho

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234