Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Is It Ok For Some?

sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Originally posted by Biggles@22 April 2004 - 22:10

I had little time for her when she was alive, but wished her no ill will. A little dignity for her and Dodi's families would not go amiss.

[/quote]
    I pretty much agree here, and I don't actually see how the pictures could add value to the programme beyond the new! never seen before! exclusive! use of these images.

Therefore their use was gratuitous, and rather tasteless...but if the pictures existed, then it was inevitable that they would surface at some point.

Also, they were shown in the US and I would imagine that most Americans do not have emotional attachment to her, unlike a significant number of Brits (I was not so enamoured)

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Oh...and my youth is still on occasion, able to be mis-spent

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+22 April 2004 - 22:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 22 April 2004 - 22:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Biggles@22 April 2004 - 23:27

Haven&#39;t heard that for a while.

Ahh, memories of a mis-spent youth&nbsp;
    You&#39;re lucky

I had a mis-spelt yoof. [/b][/quote]
    This can be a terrible handicap

However, Janet Street Porter&#39;s teeth and society are largely to blame.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by sara5564@22 April 2004 - 23:27
    Oh...and my youth is still on occasion, able to be mis-spent
    No Fair&#33;

Mine is but a memory (although the bits that are retrievable I hold with a certain degree of fondness )
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Originally posted by Biggles@22 April 2004 - 22:10
    I think the press resented her death as they had only really started to destroy her. She spoiled their fun by dying. The Sun in particular was ghastly in the way it reviled her one day and was toadying the next; quickly realising being consistent = zero sales. (and probably having to leave the country )
    Yeah, celebities claim to be constantly hounded by the press, but when they hound them to death it does make the papers look bad.

I&#39;m still in my youth and unable to rememeber bits of it. Must have been good then&#33;

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    what a curse it must be, to be grossly overpaid celebrities by inheritance and/or marriage with few responsibilities but to greet foreign dignitaries, sign a few autographs, and spend loads of their loyal subjects&#39; money on extravagant gilded crap. it&#39;s enough to turn any princess on to the deadly thrills of illegal street-racing.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@23 April 2004 - 12:58
    what a curse it must be, to be grossly overpaid celebrities by inheritance and/or marriage with few responsibilities but to greet foreign dignitaries, sign a few autographs, and spend loads of their loyal subjects&#39; money on extravagant gilded crap. it&#39;s enough to turn any princess on to the deadly thrills of illegal street-racing.
    3RA1N1AC-

You are a paragon of worldly and jaded cynicism.

Well done.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12