Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Security And Ip Address Software

Originally posted by Xero Grid@24 April 2004 - 04:51
    Security?
    First.... Tweak your system. X-Setup is a blindingly easy way to help protect your comp.
    Second.... Turn off the services you don't need. Black Viper can help you there.
    Third.... Get a router. You can turn any piece of junk computer into a hardware firewall with a linux or unix live disk or you can install linux if you cannot afford a router (which are cheap).
    Fourth.... Anti-virus. NOD32 and AVG are the only good ones I've used.
    Fifth... Patch Windows. Just use Windows Update.
    Sixth... If you have Windows XP turn on the built-in firewall even if you have a software router and a hardware router. It blocks against RPC attacks which are a bit popular these days.
    Seventh... Steve Gibson has made some interesting tools to turn off some of the most vulnerable services in Windows. He even set up a firewall tester and a method to change the way certain versions of Windows conects to the internet to close off big vulnerabilities.
    Eighth... XP-Antispy... it speaks for itself.
    Ninth... Protowall and Blocklist Manager come in handy with P2P.
    Tenth... Make sure you system is clean of spyware. I like SpySweeper, but there are great free tools that do the same. BTW, this company also makes Window Washer which helps a lot in security.
    Eleventh... security was one of the big reasons I made Supertrick XG

This is a start. You can do all of this for free. And there should be no need for explainations.

-- Xero Grid --
    I very much appreciate the time, effort and thought by writing or rather typing this, thankyou!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    No problem. Spread the knowledge. A lot of people don't know that there is always a cheap solution. And for the software that I mentioned that is shareware, there is a free alternative.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Poster
    Anyone else getting a 403 Forbidden when accessing the blackviper website?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    His site is still working for me.
    But, he&#39;s always tweaking it, so maybe you caught it at a bad time.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234