Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Senator Kerry

Originally posted by Busyman@27 April 2004 - 13:25

Look at Bush and Gore in the debates.

Just reminded me about, and now I'm going to download and re-watch that West Wing episode with the debates.

If only you had the real Bartlett over there!

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Poster
    My body is Adelaide but my heart is in Bosnia
    j2k- I was actually interested to getting some FACTUAL information and no i do not know if he is a STRONG antiabortionist or what his immigration policies are.

We've had a few debates on the war in Iraq in my philosophy class, and somehow our discussions lead to bitching about his views, so i just wanted to clarify some things.

AND just because I disagree with what he has done in Iraq and Israel doesnt mean i disagree with him on everything...

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    @MalaDzen - Found this guide. which is a basic summary of Bush policies/stances. No idea about the agenda of the source* though (me not being from the US (it's a US TV station's site)).

*edit- just read it -
    Source of information: These issue statements were collected from the candidates Web sites and campaigns, from speeches and public statements, and news articles.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Poster
    Thanks Chevy Appreciate it !!

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Originally posted by MalaDzen@27 April 2004 - 14:12
    Thanks Chevy Appreciate it !!
    No problem - was interesting to me too to see it laid out like that. Remember though (it being statements from the candidate), that it's what he SAYS he supports not what he actually does* (would need a better source to sum up that).

*applies to any political organization although I guess on occasions it may tally

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Poster
    thanks for the site again !! it gives me a good summary of their views on issues. I wonder how much of it Kerry would live up to if he became the President

He sounds like an angel compared to Bush

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    From the same site: Compare Candidates On The Issues

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by MalaDzen@27 April 2004 - 07:42
    j2k- I was actually interested to getting some FACTUAL information and no i do not know if he is a STRONG antiabortionist or what his immigration policies are.

We've had a few debates on the war in Iraq in my philosophy class, and somehow our discussions lead to bitching about his views, so i just wanted to clarify some things.

AND just because I disagree with what he has done in Iraq and Israel doesnt mean i disagree with him on everything...
    I apologize for assuming you would be pro-abortion, anti-death-penalty, or pro-immigration, although by your subsequent posting I see that you think of Bush as the proximate opposite of an "angel"; in light of this, I'm not sure what to think.

If you do not agree with his policies as re: these issues, I don't see how any "factual" presentation of his views might change your mind or be of any benefit to you.

Be aware that I am not choosing you off here, and am not presenting an attitude; I likewise do not wish to be on the receiving end, OK?

Just to be clear: My intent is a civil discourse.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Originally posted by Busyman@27 April 2004 - 08:25
    Most said that Bush seemed more of the statesmen. Gore came off as an ass due to his facial expressions. Forget what was actually said in the debate .
    Everyone forgot what Al Bore said during the debates because we all fell asleep.

@MalaDzen: Kerry's stance on issues depends on who he is talking to. So today if he talking to Vietnam vets he's supports the war in Iraq and our troops, then tomorrow he talk to anti war groups and he calls the war a waste. So if he seems like an angel today, tomorrow he just might be the devil if its hot enough.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I find it a bit disconcerting that everyone hates Bush so much that they would, quite literally, rather elect (Kerry aside) absolutely anybody, without the slightest concern for his/her views on any issue whatsoever, just to be rid of Bush.

To vote in a fashion that is totally devoid of reason or rationale, just to be rid of Bush?

Ever heard the phrase, "out of the frying pan and into the fire"?

Just the same-feel free: The election is Bushes to lose.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast