Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing File And User Accounts

blank BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Samurai@13 May 2004 - 22:57
    In case your computer's provider may have done a 'HP' and left a copy of Windows in your HDD, check to see if a folder called 'I386' is located in C:\

That's normally your Windows XP CD.

Samurai
    can u delete this folder safely?

just asking cos i just had to re-install windows after formatting and before this folder was empty and now its got 259mb in it

i dont have a windows cd as its an oem but have a recovery disc
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    If you have the recovery disc, then you'll only be able to restore your PC to it's factory settings. My 'I386' folder is 400+MB so you're obviously missing some files. The next time you're spring cleaning your PC, save all valuable documents etc... and use the recovery CD. Hopefully, the 'I386' folder will be as it was when it was first delivered to you.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    opps my bad. its actually 410mb

my question was tho, do i really need to keep this folder, or can i delete it to save space?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    i have the i386 folder, its in c/windows/driver cache and its only 84.5mb big, so whats going on here then

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by Samurai@14 May 2004 - 02:45
    My 'I386' folder is 400+MB so you're obviously missing some files.
    mine is this big too.

the strange thing is, last time it was empty and now after formatting my hard drive and re-installing the factory settings it now has 410mb in it....

and last time wasnt the first time i had formatted so its not like it was some lazy tech

edit. just read ur post properly. thats a different folder ur talking about. the one ur refering to is just for drivers, thus being in the driver cache. the one we are talkin about is the complete windows cd and can be found in c/ or whatever ur drive name is

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    if its just on my c drive then either im blind or its not there, i have done a search for it and there are many i386 folders but they are in other folders, there is not one by itself, if you know what i mean

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12