Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best Xp

if u have bought them, why would u wanna change the keys anyway?
    u are fine with everything, from update to upgrade

and SP2 is NOT OFFICIALLY OUT YET. wat u are seeing is the Release Candidate which is just a stable beta release (and this message goes to everyone who is thinking bout asking the same question, argghh i can't take this anymore)

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    because i already used these 2 cds on different computers...and activated them....so if i download xp corp from suprnova will i be able to start up my computer with it? the first time

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by XxKrNxStyLeZxX@5 July 2004 - 14:45
    because i already used these 2 cds on different computers...and activated them....so if i download xp corp from suprnova will i be able to start up my computer with it? the first time
    You'll be able to use it anyway, but ok if u want just download corp.

yes you will be able to start up with it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Would some please mind posting a pic or a link or anything official that shows a version of XP that is labeled "Corporate"?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by clocker+5 July 2004 - 17:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 5 July 2004 - 17:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Robert00000@5 July 2004 - 09:44

Let me reiterate. There is no difference between PRO and CORP in appearance. How do you know its not a CORP?&nbsp; A Corp disk is titled as XP Professional, because its essentially a volume licenced version of PRO.
    Um, because it is sold as a single user "student" version at the U of Iowa student bookstore?
    How likely is it that they are selling "Corp" versions by mistake?

Just for grins, I generated a corporate key and installed using that instead of the key that was on the sleeve.
    Worked fine and no activation.

Since then I have duplicated this on several other PCs.

Oh well, I am hardly an expert on MS products, just reporting what I have found to work. [/b][/quote]
    When we say Pro we refer to the standard versions (retail and OEM), which are the proper Pro.

Your copy was obtained under the Educational License, and differs from normal Pro version.

The version you have isn&#39;t a Pro version, it may say its a Pro, but so does a Corp. When we use Pro and Corp we differentiate between the different activation systems employed.

The version you have is exactly the same in function as the Corp version and would be refered to as Corp version. Corp version isn&#39;t just for corporations, they are used by educational establishments and government bodies.

If it can use Corp keys then it has the same files as the Corp version that don&#39;t need activation.

The difference between a Pro and Corp version of XP is about 17 Meg of files. You can download these files from the net to turn a Pro into a Corp.
    Robert00000

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Originally posted by clocker@5 July 2004 - 23:16
    Would some please mind posting a pic or a link or anything official that shows a version of XP that is labeled "Corporate"?
    ??????

Read my posts again.
    Robert00000

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Originally posted by Robert00000@5 July 2004 - 16:36
    When we use Pro and Corp we differentiate between the different activation systems employed.

Who is "we"?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Originally posted by clocker+6 July 2004 - 02:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 6 July 2004 - 02:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Robert00000@5 July 2004 - 16:36
    When we use Pro and Corp we differentiate between the different activation systems employed.

Who is "we"? [/b][/quote]
    Those of us in the know It&#39;s how we differentiate between the different versions of Pro, otherwise it would be confusing.
    Robert00000

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by clocker+6 July 2004 - 02:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker &#064; 6 July 2004 - 02:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Robert00000@5 July 2004 - 16:36

Who is "we"? [/b][/quote]
    Poor guy&#39;s watched lotr too many times now, he thinks he&#39;s gollum.

we will have the precious, give it to us&#33; give it to us&#33;&#33;
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Originally posted by Robert00000@6 July 2004 - 03:15

Who is "we"?
    Those of us in the know It&#39;s how we differentiate between the different versions of Pro, otherwise it would be confusing.
    There you go with the "we" thing again.
    Are "we" some sort of secret society, like the Masons or the Justin Timberlake Fan Club?

Back on topic....
    Am I safe in saying that functionally there are only TWO versions of XP- Home and Pro?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast