Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time Travel?

http://www.johntitor.com/ .....try this out for size

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Interesting link.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@12 July 2004 - 04:43
    Duh.
    Haven't you guys ever heard of the Flux Capacitor?

How you clean your toilet is your business.

Is it ecologically friendly?
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Biggles+13 July 2004 - 15:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Biggles @ 13 July 2004 - 15:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@12 July 2004 - 04:43
    Duh.
    Haven&#39;t you guys ever heard of the Flux Capacitor?

Is it ecologically friendly? [/b][/quote]
    In any case, everyone knows it is all down to the Flanging Sprocket. The Flux Capacitor is just a gimmicky add on.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by lynx+13 July 2004 - 15:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 13 July 2004 - 15:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Biggles@13 July 2004 - 15:24
    <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004
    @12 July 2004 - 04:43
    Duh.
    Haven&#39;t you guys ever heard of the Flux Capacitor?

Is it ecologically friendly?
    In any case, everyone knows it is all down to the Flanging Sprocket. The Flux Capacitor is just a gimmicky add on. [/b][/quote]
    Right

That is the bit that connects to central widget spring.

With you now.

:helpsmile:

Re: movement - that will be why the the Doctor had a TARDIS. I had never really thought about that before.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Poster
    It is possible (theoreticaly).

That is not my opinion, but the result of researches of scientists.I know it becuase I saw it in a BBC Exclusiv documentary, which I highly recommend to watch if you're interested in time travell.It explains different kinds of possibilitys of travelling in time.

For example, black holes which you can find all over the universe, are able to swollow everything , even light.If you would get swallowed by a black hole you would end up in a different place and a different time (or dimension), if you manage to stay alive at all.

Enough from me, I'm too lazy to write more.

Originally posted by barbarossa
    However, what people fail to appreciate is that everything is in motion. The world is spinning, which in turn is orbiting the sun, which in turn is orbiting the centre of the galaxy, which in turn is moving away from every other galaxy in the universe, etc.

Chances are if you tried to travel to last tuesday, you would end up in the middle of a black void, in which case, you wouldn't be able to change anything..
    I had the same thought
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 11:26 AM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Dark Ride@16 July 2004 - 01:51
    For example, black holes which you can find all over the universe, are able to swollow everything , even light.If you would get swallowed by a black hole you would end up in a different place and a different time (or dimension), if you manage to stay alive at all.
    There is a slight problem with getting into a black hole, assuming you can survive the trip.

You may be any place and any time in the universe (or not as the case may be), but there is the tiny inconvenience of not being able to get out again.

Bummer, huh?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Poster
    One more thing:

If you look into the sky at night, you see alot of stars, of course.The point is you "see" them but many of them are phisicaly not there.They died (collapsed) prolly a long time ago, but the light that they spread is traveled trough the universe and you can see the star now , altough it acualy isn&#39;t there - you see the past.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Originally posted by Dark Ride@16 July 2004 - 03:06
    One more thing:

If you look into the sky at night, you see alot of stars, of course.The point is you "see" them but many of them are phisicaly not there.They died (collapsed) prolly a long time ago, but the light that they spread is traveled trough the universe and you can see the star now , altough it acualy isn&#39;t there - you see the past.
    say what?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by Dark Ride@16 July 2004 - 03:06
    One more thing:

Good point.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast