Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insomnia

my advice is: when you have a problem just examine it with the law of cause and effect(don't choose two events or more are too irrelevant, because they are in indirect relationship which you can hardly relate them together), the explanation of god is obvioulsy ridiculous and examination of your brain is no more better than than.
    ban band ban

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Anabelle@14 July 2004 - 04:02
    I wrote that when I was suffering from insomnia (hence the title of the thread) due to some hard times I was going through. But while thinking of it I realized that everyone at some point in their life has gone through the exact same troubles. Every family has problems and anyone who says theirs doesn't is lying. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Actually it's best to get it out of the way and get past it. Or that's the way I see it anyways.
    I don't have problems with my family.

Not any more.

However, I am having problems with my chainsaw, any suggestions?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Originally posted by lynx@14 July 2004 - 16:30

However, I am having problems with my chainsaw, any suggestions?
    are you living in Texas? have you watched the movie
    ban band ban

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    It's supposed to be ridiculous....that's the point. Life is ruled by what people are told they should do rather then what they want to do all because of an irrational belief of a god they can't prove exists thus living out of fear. Also I'm trying to approach the thought of god a different way to prove our way of going about it is ludicris. Also you speak of things that are painfully evident. If someone can't realize that every action has a concicene then they must be an idiot. I do nothing for god but rather for people. I think of my actions before doing so since even the smallest things can cause the biggeset concicence. Also you're right most emotion is useless. It would be far more productive to do away with them all. Problem is that there are chemicals in the brain which mix to make these emotions and in order to control emotion you must control the chemicals. You make your wording seem technical when your message is simple.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Great thoughts here Anabelle, ...and elitek.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    its a good thread with a good opinion - i may not agree with it but i think you wrote it well .. a few more spaces and it would've been better

but well done
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Originally posted by lynx@14 July 2004 - 14:30
    Or that's the way I see it anyways.
    I don't have problems with my family.

Not any more.
    Did you correct them, lynx?

Jack: Mr. Grady. You were the caretaker here. I recognize ya. I saw your picture in the newspapers. You, uh, chopped your wife and daughters up into little bits. And then you blew your brains out.
    Grady: That's strange, sir. I don't have any recollection of that at all.
    Jack: Mr. Grady. You were the caretaker here.
    Grady: I'm sorry to defer with you, sir. But you are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know, sir. I've always been here.

Grady on discipline
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Annabelle

Have you been watching Foamy the Squirrel? I kind of expected your piece to finish "Needles in the eyes!!"

I am told my own family was extremely dysfunctional and perhaps it was, but mostly I recall the good times (although these are moveable feasts I know)

With regards religion, I guess we feel comfortable with what we know. Rather than one belief system actually holding any real intellectual sway you can pretty much determine what someone believes by checking on a map where you are. Obviously there are exceptions. I was raised in fairly Pagan background (it is a family thing - we are very nice really. Lynx you need an oil bath for the chain saw ) However, I think it is healthy to look at what we believe and why we believe it. There is nothing actually wrong in saying I don't believe this literally, but it helps me focus on time, place and others to have this spiritual dimension in my life.

However, I always rather liked the old Roy Harper song that went along the lines of

The history of religion is the history of the state
    Incestuous exploiters of love, death, hate
    the man of peace was overrun by armies of the Lord
    who signed their names to any war
    and sang to praise the sword

An interesting song if not exactly one of his more cheerful.

It is always a good idea to keep separate religion and faith. A faithful person usually has little to do with religion or its banal and venal obsessions with control over individuals in this life. Least that is my view for what it is worth.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12