Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Wondering

Poster
    As hobbes has pointed out, we all have an emotional involvement in threads we start. Particularly those which are not of a frivolous nature, like most of mine.

That being the case, I think it would be appropriate if someone explained the situation to Brenda. Even if it were only in private, there is no need for the rest of us to know, however I think she deserves that.

Civil liberties are important, even if this is "only" the internet. A book is just a series of words, as is a thread / post. There is no difference, any erosion of freedom of expression is a bad thing.

It's just a matter of scale, this is just book burning, in a small way.

However from little acorns large oaks grow.

I say once more - I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    I also stated that EVERYTIME a thread is locked that the "locking" mod should post and explain the rationale behind the closure.

The other option was a PM to the starter of the thread.

Looks like we are 0-2, here.

This would avoid all the, " I don't understand why the thread was closed, or by whom. We will discuss this in team chat" bullshit replies from the othe Mods.

If you close something, tell us who you are and why you did it.

The excuse above only irritates people who are not brain dead.

Bullshit is bullshit.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Poster
    Trust me, it irritates those of us who are brain dead as well.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    I'm just wondering why my suggestion is too complex for this forum?

It is a matter that people wish to make decisions but feel that accountability is not necessary.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    the lounge. can the mods just go ahead and lock & delete the entire thing, please? k thanks.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@19 July 2004 - 06:08
    the lounge. can the mods just go ahead and lock & delete the entire thing, please? k thanks.
    Don't be silly. Then the lounge posters will roam the board like mindless zombies in search of human flesh like at the end of Day of the Dead.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by manker@19 July 2004 - 12:02
    Also, are we any closer to understanding why the thread was locked?
    Rule #18

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by danb+19 July 2004 - 13:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (danb @ 19 July 2004 - 13:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-manker@19 July 2004 - 12:02
    Also, are we any closer to understanding why the thread was locked?
    Rule #18 [/b][/quote]
    #18 thou shalt not commit adultery.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    I&#39;ve pretty much missed everything the last day or two, but I agree. We need accountability.

I for one try not to change anything about my posts(except for spelling or to clean it up for the sake of clarity). I believe it is important to stick by my decisions or mistakes (the rare times I make them ). This does not mean I can&#39;t change my mind, but it does mean that you will know because you read my first post and then whatever change I made.

I think the Admin/Mod team should definately be held to those standards. Besides, if we don&#39;t know why you do something, how will we know what was done wrong?

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    @ J&#39;Pol - thanks
    @ hobbes - thanks
    @ tracydani - thanks
    @ the mods -
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast