Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winamp Troubles

It didn't uninstall winamp because after that I used a different uninstaller which uninstalled winamp.

as to the crashing, I have no idea if it's fixed yet.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Yay!!! I figured out what that other uninstaller was. It was for the Color Changer Plugin.

Now the only problem to check on/fix is the crashing.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    erm, perhaps u should try slim150 idea and goto control panel instead, will ya?

bcos if u can uninstall something (other than winamp) accidentally by doing just that, u can also create a whole lot of trouble by just uninstalling something even more critical to ur comp as well

get a new winamp, the current version is 5.03c, backup and then install (after u've uninstall urs first)

keep us notified,
    gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    i think your problems are due to conflicting plugins.
    i would move all files from the winamp plugin folder (if any) after you uninstall and before you reinstall.

if you wish to add any back do them one at a time to see if they cause trouble.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Vargas@19 July 2004 - 11:26
    i think your problems are due to conflicting plugins.
    i would move all files from the winamp plugin folder (if any) after you uninstall and before you reinstall.

if you wish to add any back do them one at a time to see if they cause trouble.
    he may be right, i know i think my DFX or stream ripper plugin was causing my problem, so i got rid of it. i forgot about mentioning that.
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    i uninstall winamp from the control panel. That was after i had tried uninstalling it from it's folder then.

What's weird is that when i turned my computer on this morning, windows wanted to send an error report, but my last crash was last night and i had already restarted from that crash. Why did windows wait to ask me to send the error report untill the next time i restarted, and not right after the crash like the other error reports it told me to send?

EDIT: that error report freaked me out. When I turned my computer on it said it had just recorvered from some major problem. But my comp was oof the hwole nigth and it hadn't crashed right before I turned it off for good that night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12