Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hey Thats Unfair

You know what gets my panties in a bunch?

Mods copy/pasting the rules, when they don't even follow their own rules.

Lead by example.

Hypocracy undermines respect.

In fact, so many angry threads would never appear if locked or deleted threads were handled with an explanation or PM.

If a member feels that he is the target of arbitrary and/or unfair moderation, it will undermine his sense of autonomy and he will either quit the forum or make a ruckus.

I agree with VB that communication should be done respectfully, and in both directions. And some Mods need to thicken their skin a bit. Who cares if some 15 year old calls you a name in his juvenile rage, take the high road and you win his respect.

If you must "throw the book" at anyone who casts a disparaging word your way, you may have a bit of an insecurity complex.

Humans are rather simple creatures and respond quite predictably to a given stimulus.

Back to the lab.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Originally posted by hobbes@22 July 2004 - 20:40
    Who cares if some 15 year old calls you a name in his juvenile rage, take the high road and you win his respect.
    Exactly Hobbes

Also you say about angry threads caused by no explination of locking etc, this is so true, I would'nt mind betting the "Where's my thread" thread (like this one) make up for a visible percentage of threads in the lounge.

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by hobbes@22 July 2004 - 14:40
    If you must "throw the book" at anyone who casts a disparaging word your way, you may have a bit of an insecurity complex.
    Have you seen me "throw the book" at someone for saying nasty remarks towards me?

You think mods should be above all this and "take the high road"???

Viewed from another angle, why should a mod have to hold his tongue when being attacked? In fact, I don't think that taking all the crap that is dished out is being self-respectful.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+22 July 2004 - 21:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 22 July 2004 - 21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@22 July 2004 - 14:40
    Have you seen me "throw the book" at someone for saying nasty remarks towards me?

Viewed from another angle, why should a mod have to hold his tongue when being attacked? In fact, I don&#39;t think that taking all the crap that is dished out is being self-respectful. [/b][/quote]
    But you dont have to worry about that anymore....your not one

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+22 July 2004 - 16:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 22 July 2004 - 16:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@22 July 2004 - 14:40

Viewed from another angle, why should a mod have to hold his tongue when being attacked? In fact, I don&#39;t think that taking all the crap that is dished out is being self-respectful. [/b][/quote]
    VB i don&#39;t think people mean to diss ALL of the mods, just the ones causing the problems. But since it is the majority of them it is easier to just say "the mods" or "the team"

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+22 July 2004 - 19:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 &#064; 22 July 2004 - 19:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@22 July 2004 - 14:40

Viewed from another angle, why should a mod have to hold his tongue when being attacked? In fact, I don&#39;t think that taking all the crap that is dished out is being self-respectful.[/b][/quote]
    Because the Mod is an adult. How do you expect respect if you respond childishly to a child. Respect comes from holding yourself to a standard that surpasses the norm and qualifies you to be a MOD.

As a member, you will find that I have taken the higher road when attacked by children. Ain&#39;t no big deal.

But, I was talking with a broader stroke, not talking about "you", but the general "you". I mean, have I ever disrespected you before, or any specific Mod?

I would PM you if I had a problem with you.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+22 July 2004 - 21:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 22 July 2004 - 21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@22 July 2004 - 14:40

they should take the crap just as us members should. except we don&#39;t have anything we can do about it. Mods can..

take for example prober bo&#39;s sig.. see it and you&#39;ll know what i mean. i put up with it and i dont complain

surely mods could do the same...

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Yes we all take shit from everyone, like Dave said, we can do nothing, if any one of us gets flamed and Mods don&#39;t respond, we respond.
    Then we get called trolls or told we should rise above it, get warnings ect, Mods can earn respect by not being like that, but to take a situation and defuse it, not by just locking, but by interveening

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by TheRealDave+22 July 2004 - 15:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheRealDave @ 22 July 2004 - 15:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@22 July 2004 - 21:26
    <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes
    @22 July 2004 - 14:40

Viewed from another angle, why should a mod have to hold his tongue when being attacked? In fact, I don&#39;t think that taking all the crap that is dished out is being self-respectful.
    they should take the crap just as us members should. except we don&#39;t have anything we can do about it. Mods can..

take for example prober bo&#39;s sig.. see it and you&#39;ll know what i mean. i put up with it and i dont complain

surely mods could do the same... [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s partly my point. Why should you have to put up with proper bo&#39;s sig? Isn&#39;t his behaviour a form of bullying?

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+22 July 2004 - 22:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 22 July 2004 - 22:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by TheRealDave@22 July 2004 - 15:44
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@22 July 2004 - 21:26
    <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes
    @22 July 2004 - 14:40

Viewed from another angle, why should a mod have to hold his tongue when being attacked? In fact, I don&#39;t think that taking all the crap that is dished out is being self-respectful.

surely mods could do the same...
    That&#39;s partly my point. Why should you have to put up with proper bo&#39;s sig? Isn&#39;t his behaviour a form of bullying? [/b][/quote]
    I thought imitation was the highest form of flattery

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast