Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pci Exhaust Blower Fan

Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    rifle bearing fans are very quiet and last longer than sleave bearing (but not as long als ball bearing)
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by AcID ZeR0@5 August 2004 - 19:37
    Whats the best 80mm fans in terms of perfomance?
    120 mm ones.

Edit: Panaflo and Papst are supposed to be about the best, particularly in terms of amount of air moved for the same noise level.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by AcID ZeR0@4 August 2004 - 23:52
    I'm sure most of you have heard of them or come across them somewhere, Are they worth getting? I was thinking of placing one under my gfx card.

those are the wrong type of fanblade for the design
    <span style='color:black'>websites that are actually good</span>
    http://www.sputnik7.com - music videos &amp; short films &amp; anime
    http://www.atomfilms.com - more short films
    http://www.howstuffworks.com - learning can be fun
    http://www.caedes.net - probably the best wallpapers on the net

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by lynx@5 August 2004 - 13:43

Edit: Panaflo and Papst are supposed to be about the best, particularly in terms of amount of air moved for the same noise level.
    I had always heard that Pabst fans were supposed to be really hot sh*t, too.
    Superior German engineering, and all that.
    Recently, at a great electronics store in Boulder, I was elated to see that they carried Pabst fans.
    But...
    (Bear in mind that the store only carried 3 different fans...the entire line may not have been represented).
    The fan hub (motor) was HUGE on those things, easily filling two thirds of the center space, and the blades were proportionately stumpy.
    The counter man said that was how Pabst generated so much pressure compared to regular axial fans.

We hooked one up to a PSU and sure enough...it DID move some air, but had a giant dead spot in the center.
    Holding it up to my face I could feel a ring or moving air, with hardly anything in the center.

To me, this would render the Pabst completely useless as a HS fan...I don&#39;t think you could position it far enough away to get adequate coverage.
    It might be suitable as a case fan, but then again, it wasn&#39;t particularly silent.

I didn&#39;t buy it, BTW.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    lynx's Avatar .
    Papst do 22 different fans (at least) in the 80x80x25 12v range, perhaps your store picked the wrong one. However, the dead spot is a common problem with all axial fans, the one you tried sounds like it was simply worse than most.

One thing I just found out when looking at various fans - Papst fans don&#39;t come with mounting screws&#33; Now where have I heard that recently.

Found some here, though.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    The last time I got my hands on a Panaflo fan is when my neigbor died and his wife had a garage sell, which was 5 years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12