Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turn The Fucking System Restore 'off'

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@8 August 2004 - 12:49
    am just pissed cuz i didnt knew System restore was eating 4Gb and i dont even use it, my apology if it hurts u
    Thanks for the sincere apology.

Swearing in your thread title whilst completely uneccessary also makes you look like a 12-year-old-AOL using prick. Think about it...do you really think it's big or clever?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    I had to use it almost a week ago.Very Handy prog.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    System Restore is very useful, it can resolve all kinds of problems it would take days to fix by other methods. I was surprised when it managed to fix a damaged partition problem when i was under the impression it couldn't.

Just as long as you know its limitations it can be of great use, in any case backing up your hard drives takes too long, especially if i have to backup 320 gig on my other computer.

System restore saves a lot of hassle and is worth the extra space.
    Robert00000

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Robert00000@8 August 2004 - 17:06
    System Restore is very useful, it can resolve all kinds of problems it would take days to fix by other methods. I was surprised when it managed to fix a damaged partition problem when i was under the impression it couldn't.

Just as long as you know its limitations it can be of great use, in any case backing up your hard drives takes too long, especially if i have to backup 320 gig on my other computer.

System restore saves a lot of hassle and is worth the extra space.
    whos said to backup ur entire HDD, u can just backup ur windows files and some usefull apps and updates. u can have partions and save ur non-system files there(install files etc)
    And u cant fix partition problems with Just restoring, Partition problems r diffrent issues and must be solved with special threats.

Swearing in your thread title whilst completely uneccessary also makes you look like a 12-year-old-AOL using prick. Think about it...do you really think it's big or clever?
    I didnt know that

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    4 gigs?

more than likely that is 4 gigs of restore points.

deleting them once in awhile will drop that size down considerably.

(start>all programs>accessories>system tools>disk cleanup>more options)

seems to be a no brainer.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by harrycary@8 August 2004 - 17:56
    4 gigs?

more than likely that is 4 gigs of restore points.

deleting them once in awhile will drop that size down considerably.

(start>all programs>accessories>system tools>disk cleanup>more options)

seems to be a no brainer.
    if i dont use it why should i keep it 'on', and if u want to clean them up once in a while why create it at the 1st point.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@8 August 2004 - 02:09
    and it never ever works perfictly
    Perhaps you need to learn how to work it then! :rtfm:

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by mrlessk+8 August 2004 - 19:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrlessk @ 8 August 2004 - 19:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bawa@Klite_user@8 August 2004 - 02:09
    and it never ever works perfictly
    Perhaps you need to learn how to work it then&#33; :rtfm: [/b][/quote]
    There is notting to read about it, just simple "next" clicks.
    There is a virus which attacks the Norton AV, every time i tried to resotre Windows to solve that problem system restore gives me error: "Could not restore" bullshit.

Benjamen button

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@8 August 2004 - 13:13
    whos said to backup ur entire HDD, u can just backup ur windows files and some usefull apps and updates. u can have partions and save ur non-system files there(install files etc)
    And u cant fix partition problems with Just restoring, Partition problems r diffrent issues and must be solved with special threats.

What would be the point of backing up windows files when its on the cd anyway? and updates can easily be downloaded from the microsoft website, they&#39;re not that big.

And just in case you&#39;ve missed what i said on the previous post- "I was surprised when it managed to fix a damaged partition problem when i was under the impression it couldn&#39;t".

The problem is you dont know how to use system restore and have been trying to justify an arguement you can&#39;t possibly justify.

I&#39;ve been on this forum for a long time and have helped very many people with software problems, and in 90 % of the cases the probelm could have been easily resolved by using system restore.

system restore is the quick solution to almost all software related problems that develop on a system when it was running ok previously.
    Robert00000

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast