Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, I Finally Went And Did It

manker's Avatar effendi
    Jonno, I'm not trying to be harsh but just because one of your mates died from an extacy related experience doesn't mean everyone should agree with it's condemnation. Yogi's posted some legitamate figures, it really is less harmful than a 20 a day habit.

My mate died in a car crash but I don't want to condemn Vauxhall Vectras.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #72
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    See, Gems made the same mistake I did

Read the Graph title gems

I just wanna know one thing, is this statement incorect?

same with shit like E's, one person can take them every night and be fine, someone else can take one and die and hour later
    Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

3. Lounge   -   #73
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@16 August 2004 - 15:02
    Correct, I did read it wrong. Apologies

Sorry, I don't believe graphs, I could probably find one that contradicts that

I really don't see why.......how anyone can say a chemical drug is safe, dunno maybe I'm a square or something, or maybe I've seen too many people sick or dead because of it, and I never condoned smoking or drinking, I simply answered the question

Just because more people die of smoking that means E's are safe?

Jonno B)
    how anyone can say a chemical drug is safe,

Never said that.

Ditto.

Yogi

I would love to see a stat like that, Jonno!!!

4. Lounge   -   #74
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@16 August 2004 - 13:08

same with shit like E's, one person can take them every night and be fine, someone else can take one and die and hour later
    Jonno B)
    meh

anyone can make up a graph
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

5. Lounge   -   #75
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@16 August 2004 - 14:08

Jonno B)
    The statement is correct Jonno. But it's a worthless one.

The same can be said about peanuts
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Lounge   -   #76
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@16 August 2004 - 14:02
    Correct, I did read it wrong. Apologies

I really don't see why.......how anyone can say a chemical drug is safe, dunno maybe I'm a square or something, or maybe I've seen too many people sick or dead because of it, and I never condoned smoking or drinking, I simply answered the question

Jonno B)
    Sure, but it would be wrong. To use your tactics of debate I work alongside a substance misuse team so I know what is really going on. Alchohol and smoking are the big killers.

Ecstacy deaths are relatively few and far between, though the newspapers always like to front-page these deaths. Most of the time the deaths are due to inappropiate use of the drug (ie taking too much, drinking with them, not getting enough liquid, etc) this is due to ignorance.

Ignorance is the killer, and narrow-minded statements like this:

annoy me. Particularly when I have yet to hear of anyone dying from taking ecstacy in one hour. That is pure fantasy.

7. Lounge   -   #77
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    @Yogi.......I used E's as an example, you generalised with crossing the road, it's 2 totally different things, billions upon billions of people cross the road safely every minute, work that percentage out
    Saying that you may as well say it's just as dangerous crossing the road as playing Russian Roulette

@Manker.......I've always been against E's, seen far too many people have bad trips etc and again the ratio of car drivers to E takers is insumountable

Jonno B)

Edit @Cheese......I never said Alcohol or smoking was better, I said I did'nt condone them, this thread was about a chemical drug, neither alcohol (mostly) is chemical nor is smoking, they are both made from natural substances, we were talking drugs, I used E's as an example because they are a man made chemical drug like Steroids.
    You are trying to put words in my mouth. and if someone is alergic to the chemical in an E they can die within 10 mins. Bottom line is you have no idea what shit is in that little tab.
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

8. Lounge   -   #78
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@16 August 2004 - 15:15
    @Yogi.......I used E's as an example, you generalised with crossing the road, it's 2 totally different things, billions upon billions of people cross the road safely every minute, work that percentage out
    Saying that you may as well say it's just as dangerous crossing the road as playing Russian Roulette

@Manker.......I've always been against E's, seen far too many people have bad trips etc and again the ratio of car drivers to E takers is insumountable

Jonno B)
    Sorry Jonzy!!

You do the generalisation. I do the math.

Yogi

Some more nice figures.

9. Lounge   -   #79
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    alcohol is only a big killer cos people dont have it in moderation
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

10. Lounge   -   #80
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@16 August 2004 - 14:15

Jonno B)
    Not insurmountable, or even incalculable. I'd say in the U.K. about 5% of car drivers have taken extacy.

A 'bad trip' on extacy? now I know you're making it up

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast