Page 48 of 91 FirstFirst ... 384546474849505158 ... LastLast

Thread: Soft-modding Your Xbox The Easy Way!

i luv u xara
    yes... by "modded box" he meant any type of mod, as long as you can ftp...

you're getting confused... the rest of the posts after the first ones (the one with the guides) are old posts. the guides on the first 2 posts are being updated all the time... don't pay attention to the rest of the posts... ok

heres the link
    dude!!!
    la cucaracha, la cucaracha, ya no puede caminar...

- JOIN our fold@home team... ... something about genetics n' stuff
    -i just had a pm conversation with MYSELF!!!... ... ...wow... that's sad

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #472
    ok ty sorry for the noobishness im new here and new to the idea
    thanks for the help

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #473
    This is really nobbish so here goes. I have a cat 5e crossover cable connected to my xbox and computer. I already setted up my network. Everytime i try to connect to it. It says "aquiring network address" Then after that it says "the connection has limited or no connectivity" It won't work with the ftp. Can someone help!!

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #474
    Forum Chemist

Tongue

Hey, first of all just wanted to tell SingaBoiy that this thread has been a great help to me thus far.

I've gotten as far as getting into my xbox via ftp, and have just splurged for a hard drive.

My problem is I just started looking over the procedure, as well as others at xbox-scene, and all of them seem to require that you hook up the hard drives directly to the IDE cables in your computer in order to format them (etc.) I was wondering how I can do this since I only have a laptop? I was going to buy an enclosure, but I don't think I can boot straight off of USB. Does anyone know of any tutorials out there or else know what I should do to install the HD given my situation?

Thanks very much in advance.

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #475
    dkerfoot
    Thanks for the great tutorial. I am having an issue. Hope you can help.

<Snip!>

Never mind. Must have had a corrupted file. I reloaded it and it seems to be installing correctly now.

Thanks.

-Doug
    Last edited by dkerfoot; 04-11-2005 at 06:24 PM.

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #476
    i finally did this mod today it works great.took me a bit to figuire out that i needed xbmc to play dvd's and a little bit to get the ftp set up.for those of you using a hub to set up you r ftp if you cant seem to get it to connect with static ip set to yes just set it to no and save and then reboot the xbox and let it auto detect.as soon as i did this my connection set up almost on its own.so do this and when you choose an ip for setting the ftp just type in the 1 that the hub gives you automatically.

"edit" almost forgot to thank you for the great work on the tutorial but i do have one question that maybe someone can answer.do i need a modchip to install the SlaYers_EvoX_Auto-Installer_v2.6FINAL or can you perform this install with just the softmod.i wanted to be able to rip directly from the xbox dvd drive instead of going thru the hastle of burning iso onto pc then ftp to xbox.
    Last edited by JeBuSAuRuS; 04-14-2005 at 07:34 PM.

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #477
    slyr114
    When you click install evox or whatever it is does the screen show up with green backround and keeps blinking while its installing or did i do somthin wrong

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #478
    ok i have a question about installing a new hdd.its all hooked up to my computer i have it set to boot from cd and i have made the disk from the iso in the xboxhdm folder.when i start up the computer i get this error.

"Invalid system disk
    Replace the disk,and then press any key

i tried to burn to cd and dvd with the same error.any help would be greatly appreciated.

i burned the dvd with alcohol120% and burned the cd with nero.

"edit" never mind i think i got it.it was the XBMC in my E folder that was messing up the disk not allowing it to become a boot disk.burning disk right now with all my Apps except XBMC.will let you know if it works.

"edit2" ok that didnt work i actally had to delete the games folder and the apps folder for it to become a boot cd but it is formatting as i type this so im on my way.
    Last edited by JeBuSAuRuS; 04-16-2005 at 12:04 AM.

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #479
    dan-the-man

Icon3

hi im new with all this modding and i was just wondering if this did work and it wont mess up my xbox.
    if this tutorial works please email me asap so i know.
    ps i have a pal xbox

[email protected]

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #480
    it works on NTSC box great and it only takes about 15 min
    i have done 2

Page 48 of 91 FirstFirst ... 384546474849505158 ... LastLast