Page 54 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4445152535455565764 ... LastLast

Thread: Soft-modding Your Xbox The Easy Way!

|F1|'s Avatar Forum Star
    Quote Originally Posted by hak
    dear singaboiy. i have preetty much screwed up my xbox. i have a 1.6 or a 1.6b. now this is how it all started. i did every thing u said in that one foroum

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t81712.html

and then that it said u can go on xbox live. so i did all that stuff about starting the xbox with the disk in. and when i went to xbox live it said.. troublehooter. it did the cables ocnnected. it did the other things to. except for the xbox live connect thing. a new window came up that said moddifing error. and i was like wtf. oh yah just a reminder. when i was first putting the ude 2. it was installing on my xbox. and like my screen glitched and like its green and the words are all messed up and u cant see nothin. ok so then i was like ok im gonna c restore. i uninstalled the ude 2 and i ran up the c restore.NOW my xbox got screwed. i started the xbox without the cd and error 13 came up. i upt my cd in and notin happend. tha good thing tough that happend was that when i booted the xbox with my cd the cd ran up regularlly but now i have no freakin xbox dashboard. i have no xbox dashboard help me plz plz help me. [email protected]
    Your xbox is banned from live. I think its just your xbox, not your account. (I did the same thing but haven't checked, thank god I have two). You have to uninstall the softmod before you go on live. For the green with white that is all scrambled, thats okay. That happens to me (I have a 1.6 box too), you just have to wait until the lights blink green, then you shut off. The blinking green light on the xbox means it is okay to shut off. For getting the dashboard back, try softmodding again, then uninstalling it (again, wait for the lights to blink green). That might give you your dashboard again. But if your xbox is banned from xbox live you might as well just leave the softmod on.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #532
    Welp I soft modded my box its pretty cool stuff! I have evox as the dash and I downloaded xbox hd maker now I just need to figure out how big of a hdd I can install and ill be cooking with gas

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #533
    worfking
    Quote Originally Posted by SingaBoiy
    AR is $30

I have another guide coming for installing a new hdd on a softmodded xbox.

I will add images later when I have more time.

Lots of credit comes out to the guys at xbox-scene that found/created these tools.
    i was at the local video store and found AR for $9.99 it was mispriced and they had to sell it to me at that price boy were they mad

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #534
    deeznuts123545
    Can I use the Action Replay MAX to softmod this way or do I need to buy the regular Action Replay?

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #535
    welp I am trying to upgrade the hard drive in my xbox I thought I had everything right I used the xbox hd maker 1.5 copied all the good stuff from my modded xbox to my computer to make the new drive locked the drive and the xbox came up with error 6 so took it back out and now it wont let me unlock it with the pass I gave crazy huh and I tried to take my xbox drive out just to clone it to another drive to see if I can before I buy a bigger hdd and it wont let me unlock it with the hdd pass either I copied the eeprom over to my computer so I am going to put it on the hd maker disk and see if it comes up with a diffrent pass then evox is giving me

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #536
    |F1|'s Avatar Forum Star
    Quote Originally Posted by deeznuts123545
    Can I use the Action Replay MAX to softmod this way or do I need to buy the regular Action Replay?
    Probably, since they both accept action replay gamesaves.

Quote Originally Posted by chucky_digital
    welp I am trying to upgrade the hard drive in my xbox I thought I had everything right I used the xbox hd maker 1.5 copied all the good stuff from my modded xbox to my computer to make the new drive locked the drive and the xbox came up with error 6 so took it back out and now it wont let me unlock it with the pass I gave crazy huh and I tried to take my xbox drive out just to clone it to another drive to see if I can before I buy a bigger hdd and it wont let me unlock it with the hdd pass either I copied the eeprom over to my computer so I am going to put it on the hd maker disk and see if it comes up with a diffrent pass then evox is giving me
    Longest.Sentence.Ever.

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #537
    Okay I don't know if this has been asked so here goes
    Can I still system link my softmodded xbox to an unmodded xbox to play a game. Like a 8 player Halo 2 match or do I have to uninstall the soft mod. If I can do it. How?

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #538
    n18's Avatar Death God
    connet both xbox thru an etherent cable not sure if you need crossover or patch cable. One start a game, and the other connect to it. Simple.

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #539
    So I still can good. I already know how to hook it up to another system I just wanted to know how if I had to configure it differently because it's softmodded sorry for the confusion. Anyway I have one more question. Where are the game saves located in the softmodded xbox? I've looked everywhere in the E drive but I can't fid them. I want to transfer them to my computer so I can upgrade my harddrive.
    Last edited by bdb38865; 07-28-2005 at 06:29 AM.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #540
    Quote Originally Posted by |F1|
    Probably, since they both accept action replay gamesaves.

Quote Originally Posted by chucky_digital
    Longest.Sentence.Ever.

Thats funney and all but no one can help me out here or what